The best gift in the world..

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Five years three months and just as few days ago I opened my window to one of the best things in my life. For a few weeks I was watching the neighborhood strays were not allowed to feed them by city law out here but I did it anyway. One in particular caught my eye she was small black and perfectly groomed I allways tryed to get closer to her but it was not to be. Then one day it was storming pretty bad I looked out the window and there she was sitting on my window sill cold wet and shivering. I opened my window and scooped her in.. That was the last I saw of her for allmost a week she promplty hid under my Roomated bed.
We left her food and water and put a pan out for her to use and as I thought she was litter trained. She came out at night to poke around the house I heard her a few times as she explored getting into cabnets and closets. Then two weeks later she came out in the day slowly she creeped into the liveing room where we all were sitting and layed at the edge of the room.. it was at that time I noticed she was expecting. I turned to my roomates and said" cats pregnant" they looked at me like what are we going to do. I got her a nice box and some clean towels and started teh kitten food we had no idea how far along she was but sure enough just three weeks after that day she gave birth to two black and white cows.
Phantom was allways silent she never mews or crys and she only ever hissed when she felt threatend I never heard her purr. Her children were quite the opposite loud, vocal and active. Slowly she started to get closer to us and eventualy allwed us to pet her and soon enough she was craveing attention just as much as her sons. She started pawing me when she wanted to be pet. Then one night as I was getting ready for bed she came up for her nightly rub down and I heard it... It was low and rough and very choppy but it was unmistakable.. She purred. It was the most wonderfull sound I have heard and now she purrs for me every night.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Xulili

Five years three months and just as few days ago I opened my window to one of the best things in my life. For a few weeks I was watching the neighborhood strays were not allowed to feed them by city law out here but I did it anyway. One in particular caught my eye she was small black and perfectly groomed I allways tryed to get closer to her but it was not to be. Then one day it was storming pretty bad I looked out the window and there she was sitting on my window sill cold wet and shivering. I opened my window and scooped her in.. That was the last I saw of her for allmost a week she promplty hid under my Roomated bed.
We left her food and water and put a pan out for her to use and as I thought she was litter trained. She came out at night to poke around the house I heard her a few times as she explored getting into cabnets and closets. Then two weeks later she came out in the day slowly she creeped into the liveing room where we all were sitting and layed at the edge of the room.. it was at that time I noticed she was expecting. I turned to my roomates and said" cats pregnant" they looked at me like what are we going to do. I got her a nice box and some clean towels and started teh kitten food we had no idea how far along she was but sure enough just three weeks after that day she gave birth to two black and white cows.
Phantom was allways silent she never mews or crys and she only ever hissed when she felt threatend I never heard her purr. Her children were quite the opposite loud, vocal and active. Slowly she started to get closer to us and eventualy allwed us to pet her and soon enough she was craveing attention just as much as her sons. She started pawing me when she wanted to be pet. Then one night as I was getting ready for bed she came up for her nightly rub down and I heard it... It was low and rough and very choppy but it was unmistakable.. She purred. It was the most wonderfull sound I have heard and now she purrs for me every night.
That's a lovely story!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww that is SUCH a sweet story! I hope Phantom has many many more years of happy purring with you

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a lovely story, thanks for sharing. Purring is the best sound in the world, it is a gift to be cherished.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take that reader digest.. hehe yeah I love her its wonderfull to see her get used to people. She has that attitude of I know what it's like outside that door and I am very much happy to be here thank you very much.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so lovely!

I hope you have many more years of her purring to listen to.