Aggressive Cat Behavior

[email protected]

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there

Hopefully you can help me.

We have 5 cats at home. There are two that do not get along. The larger one male 16 pounds seems like he is always attacking and trying to hurt the smaller female 8 pounds.
The little one seems scared all the time whether eating, sleeping going to the litter box etc.
I need to try to fix this soon, as it seems to get worse and I do not want the little one getting injured or killed.
Also, they will have these spells of violence, where the little one screams murder while she is trying to get away, and then 15 minutes later, they are sleeping within 2 feet of each other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve- [email protected]

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hi there

Hopefully you can help me.

We have 5 cats at home. There are two that do not get along. The larger one male 16 pounds seems like he is always attacking and trying to hurt the smaller female 8 pounds.
The little one seems scared all the time whether eating, sleeping going to the litter box etc.
I need to try to fix this soon, as it seems to get worse and I do not want the little one getting injured or killed.
Also, they will have these spells of violence, where the little one screams murder while she is trying to get away, and then 15 minutes later, they are sleeping within 2 feet of each other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve- [email protected]
It sounds to me as though they are just quarrelling siblings. The fact that they are "sleeping within 2 feet of one another" 15 minutes after a fight seems to indicate that. I say let them sort it out between themselves.

Remember, it isn't the size of the cat in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the cat. If he's crossing the line with her, she'll put him back in his place PDQ.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with 2 of mine, its 2 females but the bigger one is just a brat that likes to chase Lee and Lee gives out such a screech because she is so much smaller, that it sounds like she is being killed. I've seen it where Molly is just about to go for Lee to chase her, didn't even touch her yet and she lets out a warning screech, some times it sounds a whole lot worse then it really is.