my cat got hurt

jhoffs_cb7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, hi my name is jake
my gf is on this site for our cats named jellow and khi
jellow has gotten hurt before when he hit his head on the under side of the couch playing and had a nasty sezuire.

well today i cam home from droping the gf off at school, and i always come hoem to look for the cats to make sure their ok and what not. i have the back of the couch blocked off because not only do i not want them to hide back there, but i dont want them to get hurt.

but there she was under it, i dont know how, so like always i pull it up and grab her and toss her out. then proced to re block it. well today that didnt go all smooth.

she landed, but i am guessing wrong, but she screamed! so i quick look over because she my favorite even know she hates me. and she limping and holding her back paw up, so i grab her and feel her up and everything feels great, so i am wondering if she pulled a muscel or what?

i know i should of left her alone under the couch, but i dont feel comfortable with that, just ever scince that exspence with jellow, i wont let them under there.

so right now i have her in a cat taxi in the back bedroom, so she can chill out and relax. i talked to the vet, and she made it sound like she didnt break a leg, so i am thinking she just strained it.

i dont have anymoney till next tuesday, and we were looking to take her in due to her behavor problems with her not wanting to go near anyone, and talk to the vet about her pooping everywhere but the litter box.

any sugested? i know it may sound like i am mean, but i dont want them under there, and the boy cat jellow, doesnt, he understands, he listens to what we have to say, it just seems like she does what ever she pleases, and her mom lets her do that.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having a cat is good training for having a kid, especially a teenager. If you think a cat can ignore you, wait until you have a 15-year-old in the house.

That said, if you let her walk around, you will be able to tell in an hour or two if the injury is likely to be serious. She will probably be able to walk on it fairly normally in that amount of time if there is no break.

If she continues to favor the foot, she will need to see the vet as soon as you get the opportunity.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Having a cat is good training for having a kid, especially a teenager. If you think a cat can ignore you, wait until you have a 15-year-old in the house.

That said, if you let her walk around, you will be able to tell in an hour or two if the injury is likely to be serious. She will probably be able to walk on it fairly normally in that amount of time if there is no break.

If she continues to favor the foot, she will need to see the vet as soon as you get the opportunity.
That is very good advice

As for the couch, is there anyway that you could store blankets or boxes under it, to use up the space underneath? That way the cats can't go under there.
Sending vibes that you find out why your cat won't use the litter box. Is the litter unscented? Is it clumping - if your cat is declawed or if she is heavy, using pellet type litter can hurt her paws. You can try giving her another type of box - a cheap plastic storage container will do. Litter box problems are awful

BTW, Welcome to TCS

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The behavior MAY be a result of her environment. Cats learn to be afraid and seek a place to hide. When you pull them out of their safe place all they know is FEAR.

They also have different personalities just like us. That's why they act different.

To put it all together:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185910

Members should read to put everything in perspective.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do not pull them from behind the couch... If they hiss at you and go away, please, please let them go away...
You can't force them to have a relationship with you - cats work on their own time. The more you push them, or force them to go to you, the more they will run and avoid you. Your behavior has them thinking of you as a threat.
It is OK to have your kitties under the couch - mine are mostly under the bed! Whenever they are comfortable with you, and see that you are not a threat, they will come out.
When you are dealing with cats, you need to think like a cat, not as a human being. They do not have the ability to understand you, but you do...
Please let your cats be, and do not impose yourself to them.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And cats don't understand discipline at all; rough handling doesn't do anything but damage your relationship with her. So you shouldn't do it anymore, ok?

Here's hoping your girl's all right!