Slow uploads from photobucket?

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else been experiencing problems viewing pics from Photobucket accounts? I've noticed over the last few days that any pics I try to view that are linked from Photobucket, whether on TCS or even my own blog, are taking an absolute eternity to load. Pics from flickr or other online photo storage sites seem to come up right away, but photobucket pics either take longer than I'm willing to wait, or never show up at all. Has anyone else been having this problem, or is it just me?

(Oh, maybe I should have put this in Tech Talk...I don't know!)

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pix almost always load slowly for me on Photobucket, TCS, or anywhere else for that matter - but I only have dial-up.
That's why I'm not in the Photo Lounge as much as I'd like to be - even though I love looking at all the kitty pix!.
I just don't have the patience to wait for a page to take forever to load, and some pix must have large sizes, b/c some of them really take a loooong time to load.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have DSL, so normally everything loads in a matter of seconds...but lately I'm just seeing blank space where there ought to be pictures. I can't figure out why it's just photobucket and why I'm the only one seeming to have this problem. I normally use their site for all pics I want to post on forums because it's easier to use their format for this than flickr...but I'm thinking about switching since I can't even see my own pics now!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

I have DSL, so normally everything loads in a matter of seconds...but lately I'm just seeing blank space where there ought to be pictures. I can't figure out why it's just photobucket and why I'm the only one seeming to have this problem. I normally use their site for all pics I want to post on forums because it's easier to use their format for this than flickr...but I'm thinking about switching since I can't even see my own pics now!
Have you changed browsers recently? If I use Firefox instead of IE, I can't see a lot of the images, either.

Sometimes I'll get a blank, or that red x thing, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, it must have just been a weird temporary quirk...because now everything is loading great again! I haven't changed a thing, so I don't know what was going on. But I'm glad I can see everyone's pics again!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Computers!
Sometimes they work just fine, other times..

My ISP is quirky too sometimes. Some days it runs just fine, and other days it's just horrible.

I'm glad you got your glitch straightened out.