Question Of The Day, Wednesday January 28th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

Since it's cold season (again) and I'm miserable....

Which kind of tissue do you prefer? Do you like the kind with lotion, or just the plain tissue?

Even though my nose is chapped, raw and bleeding, from blowing it so much, I can't stand the tissue with lotion. It feels slimy to me! Slathering my poor nose with Vaseline hasn't helped make it feel better either.

Okay, I'm going back to bed to suffer...and, of course, blow my nose....

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Plain. I agree with you about the ones with lotion feeling slimy. I can always put some lotion on my nose myself if it starts getting raw, but I can't take the lotion off the tissue.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call me old fashioned but time I carry cloth hankies with me (at least in the house).
Perhaps a medicated cream is better for those reddened spots around the nose??
I haven't ever bought the tissues with lotion.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Call me old fashioned but time I carry cloth hankies with me (at least in the house).
Me too!! I've always been a fan of hankies....I think they're pretty....I sort of collected them. Then I started thinking that men carry and use handkerchiefs, why can't women? And I started actually using them. I carry about 3 with me during the day....one in the pocket of my jeans, one in my jacket pocket, and one in my bag. At the end of the day, I throw it in the laundry bag.

When I went home for Christmas, I found a box of hankies in my old bureau.....Mom had them from my aunts and grandmother. They were beautiful! So I asked her if I could take them and now I have them. I have enough hankies to last me a month! And I'm saving a little bit of paper.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Good morning!

Which kind of tissue do you prefer? Do you like the kind with lotion, or just the plain tissue?
Honestly, we just buy the cheap tissue.

This season, thankfully, we have not had many colds. We all start taking a supplement at the first sign of a cold, and within a day, 2 at the most, the cold is gone

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the lotion tissues when I have bad cold. Even then I have used lip balm to help moisturize the nostrils.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we don't by tissues.. just good old tp for us, works just fine. Though I like to use cloth hankies much more I just don't have enough to use all the time.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest I generally buy what's on sale as well. Even with a sore nose I can pass up those .59 cent packages as opposed to the lotion ones that can run as high as $2.99.
However what I have found that works well when my nose gets sore as opposed to vaseline which makes mine worse is hand cream. I use the Silicon Glove stuff by Avon and it works really well. Another item that works well that my aunt swears by is a light coating of chap-stick. I haven't quite resorted to that but can see how it would work.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I use only the plain tissue. So many of the lotion ones have aloe in them and I'm allergic to aloe. Talk about OUCH!
I'd end up with blisters on top of the sore nose.

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Without the lotion. The ones with lotion do feel slimy and nasty! Although I did like the ones with vicks, I'd use those if I had an extremely bad cold, not that often though.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Good morning!

Which kind of tissue do you prefer? Do you like the kind with lotion, or just the plain tissue?...
I´m so sorry for your sick my friend...

I´ll prefer with Mentol about it!...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plain... I hate the lotion tissues... as others have already said, they feel slimy and nasty to me. I've also tried generic tissue and it doesn't feel good... too scratchy. So, I get Kleenex... every time. I'm a chronic, year round allergy sufferer, so tissue is mandatory. I have a box in nearly every room of my apartment. In the bathroom, if I need something, I do use TP. I can't use cloth... my sneezes ... well... they're kinda messy... I annihilate tissues in seconds when my allergies or a cold are bad...

~A~

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Plain... I hate the lotion tissues... as others have already said, they feel slimy and nasty to me. I've also tried generic tissue and it doesn't feel good... too scratchy. So, I get Kleenex... every time. I'm a chronic, year round allergy sufferer, so tissue is mandatory. I have a box in nearly every room of my apartment. In the bathroom, if I need something, I do use TP. I can't use cloth... my sneezes ... well... they're kinda messy... I annihilate tissues in seconds when my allergies or a cold are bad...

~A~
I like Scott tissue. I haven't used Kleenex in years, but I think I switched because at the time Scott felt less scratchy. I also like it because I can get the unscented tissues in a lot of different boxes. That way I can match my decor in every room.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am completely brand-loyal in this. Puffs have everyone else beaten hands down, but please, PLEASE, PUH-LEASE, no lotion! I'll choose when and what lotion to use, and I don't want it on my tissues, thanks.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually REALLY picky about the tissue I use. lol Imagine that. No lotion or anything else, but I want Kleenex Ultra Soft. I will settle for Puffs Plus if I can't find the Kleenex kind.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
don't like lotion since they smell weird and feel slimy. I only buy super soft tissues but i'm not really picky in a pinch I will even use paper towels.

as for the chapped nose I am not sure of they still make it but a few years ago I picked up at the store chap stick for my nose. It was something that Chap stick made and it was like regualar chapstick only you put it on your nose instead...

Since switching to soft tissues i don't have that the chapped nosed problem anymore so I haven't needed anyhting in a while.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the plain tissue. I feel like I'm making a bigger mess with lotion tissues.