My boyfriends mother(A long rant)

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG i just do not know what to do anymore............ Me and Aaron(my man)have our own place we rent,Aaron and his mother had this great idea for her to move into our basement suite which has its own kitchen,bathroom,bedroom and livingroom there is no reason to be upstairs all the time.She tries to take over the care of my animals,the training and basically the way we spend our money(we don't spend stupidly and all our bills are paid)so what is the problem with our money spending???????
We found a new place to move into and i do not want her to come with us and he does not either but he is afraid to tell her so now she tells me all the time how excited she is about the move.......I swear i am gonna scream.
He is gone from 630am- 530 or 6pm I am home because i work nights She cleans(like dishes and such)upstairs while i try to sleep.After Feb 13 i will be off work for 2-6months after back surgery and i am thankful she will be there to help after my hospital release but she will drive me nuts...... sigh

There is alot more just typing sucks

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she is just trying to be helpful by cleaning and offering suggestions. If she's a bit overbearing, I think it's up to your SO to tell her that while her help is appreciated, it really isn't necessary (being careful to not hurt her feelings, of course). She won't know that her input isn't appreciated, if no one mentions it to her.

I would imagine it's difficult to live with a parent. I would not want either of my (or SO's) parents living with us unless it was for health or financial reasons. I love my parents and SO's parents, but now it's sort of time for us to make our lives together, the way we would like.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have talked to her before about everything,my biggest thing was getting like 2 hours of sleep during the day because she is making way to much noise upstairs whether be from dishes,her playing computer games(with the volume cranked),or playing loud music(while she cleans),or her yelling and punishing MY dogs that did perfectly fine with me sleeping during the day before she moved in.
Aaron thinks it is best if he stays out of it,yet during the day when i am awake(after she woke me) all she does is nag about us never buying groceries we tend not to as much because she goes hard core on the food and hides it when she buys.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me that she is a bit to involved in your lives! The two of you established a home together, yet he and his mother decided she should move in downstairs? Aaron thinks best if he says nothing? From what you've said, you had little if any choice and he decided for you that she would live with you both. Obviously he forgot to mention that any complications from this living arrangement, he would have nothing to do with. After all, it's best if he stays out of it.....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you lock any doors so she can't come up to your place??
She doesn't seem to respect your requests-have you sat down and explained this to her.
She doesn't work?? Does she need to live with your for financial reasons?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Find a new place; a one bedroom. That way his mother can't move with you.
And he needs to step up and tell his Mom no. I had a family member propose a similar situation (to take place in 4-5 yrs) and all I could think was HECK NO! I'll live in our small 2 bedroom house with no room for house guests forever if need be.
I really couldn't live with my parents again. And being married, neither of us want parents moving in.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live with my in-laws and hate it (been there 3.5 years). The closing on our house is taking entirely too long, been dragging out for about a month & a half now. I swear if we didn't live a few hundred feet from them in our new house, she'd be trying to move in. She has to know every move and be around us as much as possible and get into our business constantly.

I feel your pain!

Definitely have him tell her NO. He's old enough to talk to her about these things and make it clear only the TWO of you are moving.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like maybe it's time for you to get your own place and let your boyfriend stay with his mother, at least temporarily. Find a place that's big enough for the two of you (plus kitties) but not for three, then move in by yourself. When he comes to his senses he can move in with you. Tell your boyfriend what you're doing and why. It's his responsibility to tell his mother, you shouldn't have to explain yourself to her.

Whatever you decide to do, keep the communication with your boyfriend open. Guys (and a lot of girls) are not too good at picking up on subtle hints. Sometimes you have to hit them over the head with a 2 by 4.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its your bf's place to tell his mother that she will not be moving with you when you move. Tell her you need your OWN place and are capable of caring for your pets and finances without her help.

My husband dealt with his ex's mother living with them. After that experience he vowed that neither one of our parents would be living with us! It never ends, the mother trys to take over and you never can have privacy.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry the long time to respond,Aaron will be talking to his mother
I have tried numerous times.Ohh and on a double good note she is going out tonight for the whole night......
romantic night planned for us.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

Sorry the long time to respond,Aaron will be talking to his mother
I have tried numerous times.Ohh and on a double good note she is going out tonight for the whole night......
romantic night planned for us.
You should make this evening work for you! Get as many promises as you can out of him, make him work for some lovin!
He should realize what hes missing out on because of the current stressful situation.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has been a few months since i posted about Aarons mother,I have really awesome news.....She is moving out
I am not sure it is wrong to be this happy but i am,Ohh ya she is moving out the end of this month.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My divorce was mostly cuz my in-laws would not leave us alone. They came over whenever they wanted and didn't call before. I just got so fed up that it actually helped end our marriage. Don't let this happen to your relationship, someone has to tell her she has to go and that's that. Be nice but firm. Parents of either partner living with you is never a good thing and very rarely works out well. I would nip this in the bud.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It has been a few months since i posted about Aarons mother,I have really awesome news.....She is moving out
I am not sure it is wrong to be this happy but i am,Ohh ya she is moving out the end of this month.
Good news! I don't think it is wrong to be happy about her moving out. It is much better for you and Aaron to be alone.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so true that rarely can two women live in the same house. There is just not enough room in the kitchen for two, I agree totally.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best luck on your relationship. Hopefully things will be a lot better now. And hope in the future it never happens again. At least you are warned what can happen!

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Congrats!!!
Make sure you never ever agree to have her move back in with you guys. It's so sad but mother in laws are like the devil!!! Eek

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In some ways my first marriage ended because of his mother,He was abusive and hit me his mother was always at my house and when he would hit me in front of her she told me i better not go blaming her son for it,Even though his father was ready to beat him when he found out.
I am beyond excited about her moving out it will be alot harder on the bills and such since i was cut off my disability but i am willing to make it work.