Bathroom lovin'

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one whose cats love unconditionally while going potting?

Every time I go to use the bathroom both kitties RUN inside for some quality time and cuddling... They can be hiding under the bed, and they will come... Sleeping, they will come... Eating.... whatever they are doing, they will stop for that quality time!
It's soooo funny! Why is that?

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
happens here as well... maybe they like the sound of running water? same thing when i wash dishes!

cats are weird!!!!

look up "a cat flushing the toilet" on you tube... theres a whole music video/song its funny
edit: link
lol its funny

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Am I the only one whose cats love unconditionally while going potting?

Every time I go to use the bathroom both kitties RUN inside for some quality time and cuddling... They can be hiding under the bed, and they will come... Sleeping, they will come... Eating.... whatever they are doing, they will stop for that quality time!
It's soooo funny! Why is that?
no, me, too. it's quite rare that i'm in there unaccompanied [not counting bathing]. always at least one, sometimes as many as 3-4. it's unusual if every one of them shows up, but Chip & Firefox are regular attenders, with the other 3 showing up now & then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ronnycage

happens here as well... maybe they like the sound of running water? same thing when i wash dishes!

cats are weird!!!!

look up "a cat flushing the toilet" on you tube... theres a whole music video/song its funny
edit: link
lol its funny
Oh my God - that's SO FUNNY! I need to teach my kitties that trick!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah
! If I go into the bathroom, Maia has to check in, no matter where she is or what shes doing!

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I go to the bathroom......I always end up with 3-4 cats coming in to visit. I keep the bathroom door closed. The cats know the sound of the door knob twisting open

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

When I go to the bathroom......I always end up with 3-4 cats coming in to visit. I keep the bathroom door closed. The cats know the sound of the door knob twisting open
i keep mine closed when not in use, as well - otherwise, Java tightrope walks on the towel bars & knocks my towels on the floor... plus, Firefox has recently shown great interest in playing w/the plastic shower curtain - don't want holes in it!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my bathroom door closed when not in use also, because Bamf likes to play on the counter, and knock anything he can off, and they both like to get on top of the washer/dryer and then sleep in the laundry basket (on the clean clothes) and play in between the shower curtains, ripping holes in the plastic...

But yep, I always have visitors. If I am in the bathroom doing laundry (washer/dryer are in the bathroom), one or more of the cats will curl up to sleep on the clothes I am sorting, or crawl under the clothes, or hop up onto the hamper to watch. Every morning when I go to the bathroom, I have at least one (usually both) cat friends. This particular time is one of the only times when Bamf will snuggle my legs and curl up between them.
Cats are so funny.

They know the sound of that doorknob opening and come running every time. What dorks!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH has actually peed on Wickett's tail because of this. His favorite bathroom time is in the mornings though. He races me upstairs for my shower because I always give him some good lovin' when I get out. Frankie is indifferent unless I'm using the half bath/laundry downstairs and then it's because she thinks I might feed her.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you were the only one! Seti not only comes for love, he'll haul himself into my lap with his claws if I don't pick him up. He wants me to hold him so then he'll put his paws on my shoulder. I like giving him love but sometimes I prefer a little privacy! Oh, close the door? Ha! That's even MORE annoying and Friday can open them anyway.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry does this too!!!

It's such a strange phenomenon. What the heck is so fascinating to our kitties? Maybe they've figured out that when we're in there, we're stuck for a little time (so to speak), and have to pay attention to them.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Maybe they've figured out that when we're in there, we're stuck for a little time (so to speak), and have to pay attention to them.
Yep, you're a captive audience.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I end up with both cats on my lap everytime I potty. If I even just walk into the bathroom they both come running!! I can't even take a both or shower with out them in there. If I take a bath Figaro brings his toys and drops them in the water and plays

If I shut the door they stick their feet under the door and shake it while they cry like they are dieing and the only way to save them is to open the door.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley will wait in the bathroom every time I shower and the ONLY time he ever sits on my lap is if I'm on the toilet. He jumps up and starts purring and wanting to be petted.
Its silly but I don't mind, because this is the only time he does it.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With mine, it depends on what I'm doing in the bathroom. If I take a shower, Claire sits on the bathmat waiting for me to get done. Sometimes she brings me her "mousey" (a ratty old cat nip mouse she carries around) and leaves it on the mat for me too. If I take a bubble bath, Katie and Pete like to keep me company. Katie just lays on the mat beside the tub. Pete likes to stick his paws in and play with the bubbles. If I'm using the facilities, Gracie sits on the sink and watches. Then she pats me on the head or shoulder with her paw so I'll pay attention to her.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Cats are sometimes just strange. Every time I go in the bathroom Miss Patchwillow comes running. She very politely taps on my leg with her paw (no claws), then hops up on my lap and settles in for some serious loving. She does get a little peeved when I dump her off so I can stand up. The other kitties just come in and use the litter box while I'm on the toilet.

I have clear glass shower doors and always have an audience of at least two or three. Usually it's Goldy and Lion and sometimes Shareena. They like to chase the water drops down the glass. Of course, when it's time for their baths they're nowhere to be seen.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack loves the bathroom--his favorite room in the house--whether we are there or not. He likes to sit on the side of tub while I put my contacts in--he licks the saline solution out of the container if I don't cap them. He also lays on the side while I take a bath--and occasionally on me, while I bathe...

Harley is a lap sitter, loves to sit on DH's lap when he's ya know--apparently Harley has no sense of smell.

Leslie

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are like that too. When I open the door they are lounging by it. It's quite funny.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, lol, Friday sits on the side of the tub while I take a bath. Some people have rubber duckies, I have a cat.