Need help with food

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat ate EVO for more than a year, now because of his health I need to lower the protein. I got him to eat Holistic Select by Eagle Pack the Chicken Meal and Rice Formula. Today, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eating 50% Holistic Select and 50% EVO. But I forgot to look for a grain-free food. I need help finding a grain-free low protein food. The only one I found and tried is Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck, but he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like it. He ate some because it had EVO but then he went back back and walked away. Maybe I need to be a little more persistent. Is there a grain-free low protein chicken food somewhere?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cande

My cat ate EVO for more than a year, now because of his health I need to lower the protein. I got him to eat Holistic Select by Eagle Pack the Chicken Meal and Rice Formula. Today, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eating 50% Holistic Select and 50% EVO. But I forgot to look for a grain-free food. I need help finding a grain-free low protein food. The only one I found and tried is Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck, but he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like it. He ate some because it had EVO but then he went back back and walked away. Maybe I need to be a little more persistent. Is there a grain-free low protein chicken food somewhere?
What is wrong health wise ??

Are you feeding dry ??or wet?? will the cat eat wet ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He suffers from seizures. Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s 4 years old, taking Phenobarbital for most of his life. He was taking 4mg twice a day. Like a year ago I change the food to EVO, thinking it was the best for him. Two months ago he was having mini seizures. I ask the vet if she could increase the medication, I thought heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s way bigger and weights more. Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s taking 6mg twice a day. 5 days later he had a horrible seizure. So I thought, the liver, so I looked for information and found Denamarine, he took the stuff for a month and no seizures, then after he was done with the medication, 3 days later, he had another horrible seizure, so now he is taking the 6mg of pheno and Denamarine, and he is fine. I think itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the high protein. Too much medication for him, and also, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s expensive.

He only eats dry, I have try giving him wet many times but he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But lately I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t try the wet, I could try again and see what happens. But wet is more protein, isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
maybe try wet... You will have a PM from me soon