Any one do a spray tan??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wedding 2/21 and the top I am wearing is a haltertop kind of top and its a creamy white and I'm in my albino winter color right now (
).

So I was thinking of the spray tan route and don't know if there is anything I should look for when looking for a place that does this??

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I have a wedding 2/21 and the top I am wearing is a haltertop kind of top and its a creamy white and I'm in my albino winter color right now (
).

So I was thinking of the spray tan route and don't know if there is anything I should look for when looking for a place that does this??
I don't really know what kind of places to look for but to give you some advice, do it on a weekend when you will not be going to work because the first day after the tan you will look strikingly dark, maybe even orange-ish...that's what happened to me lol. It will slowly fade and get more natural from then on..and in 3-4 days it should be perfect ...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look for salons - Hollywood Tan is usually pretty good, and they have a house in Wisconsin.

You can also buy a can at Sally Beauty, or on the web (Sun labs is pretty good), and have someone spray you.

There are several choices for you to chose from, so you don't look too dark. Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to spraying, so it goes on smoothly.

Good Luck!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of doing this for my wedding...but IMO the risk far outweighs the gain here
I would be afraid of being orange or streaky.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
all i can say is if you are claustrophobic at all dont go to a tanning salon to get it done,

one time i decided to get it done before vacation and you have to go in this thing and hold your breath for a minute while the sprayers spray this stuff all over your body...it was a really freaky experience, your in a small space with all this stuff shooting on you and you cant breathe! i would never do it again!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh I agree about the claustrophobia. I was totally freaked out, but what I had to do was a little different: After I got sprayed, I was put in this tiny room barely enough for a person to fit in there that had lights all over - this was done in order to dry the spray faster. It was SCARY!! I couldn't get out on my own either, the door only opened from the outside..i nearly screamed and had to just tell myself to start counting or something to distract my attention...I had forgot all about that experience until cats4sky mentioned it!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to try it, since I can't tan due to my vitiligo. The plastic surgeon's office in town has all kinds of services; permanent (tattoo) makeup, spray tan, skin care packages. Maybe I could talk him into a discount, since I work with him a lot in the O.R.!