Jake has an appointment to be neutered!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is 3 and a half months old and it was about time because I think his kitty hormoes are early for him (i have a separate thread about this in the behavior section http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...?t=185791)...I was trying to get a good price and it's amazing how expensive it was, everywhere I called!! I got a $35 certificate from my humane society and when I called to make an appointment with the clinic, they said the total will be $120, with the certificate!!
I called my regular vet too and he charges $95 and doesn't accept a certificate. So, I looked at more places...and finally found a reasonable price $45 total..I'm very happy with this price. I am also very happy with the information they have on their website about vaccines. For indoor cats, they recommend kitten shot, one booster 3-4 weeks later, and one booster at 1 year old and then never again. This is exactly what I was planning to do and now that they recommend it, I feel more like i'm not doing anything wrong...I wish this doctor did more than spay/neuter and preventive care, I would totally take Jake there for any problem he might have. It seems like she really does her research about what's best for animals.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
mine [well, all the ones i've done] were all spayed at a clinic. they also go there for shots. i have another vet for illness care - the clinic doesn't handle that.
sending & that all goes well for Jake!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I hope all goes well too..When I started reading about the procedure I got shivers, putting my baby to sleep throughout the surgery sounds scary. I wish they could do it with partial anesthesia, less risk.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Lots of vibes coming Jakes way...
Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope everything goes well.
I never had a problem having a male fixed and they always acted normal when they got home.
Thanks!! I just can't wait until Thursday I want to get it over with and stop worrying...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wainting is the hard part.
My Meeko had surgery last monday and it was alot more complicated then your cats and everything turned out fine.
I could not wait for that day to be over also.
Thursday will come fast.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wainting is the hard part.
My Meeko had surgery last monday and it was alot more complicated then your cats and everything turned out fine.
I could not wait for that day to be over also.
Thursday will come fast.
yup, I've pretty much been a nervous wreck all night last night and all day today. I just lurk around nervously on here or on the site of the clinic and frantically read the forms and what I need to do and what could go wrong. I keep imagining my baby alone with these people, who don't know him and don't really care much about him the way I do. I am even afraid that they will confuse something ...I hate having to leave him for so many hours alone there. I am dropping him off at 8:30 and then I am free until 2 pm. I have class at 3 so my dad will be picking him up at 4:30. I am thinking about staying there until 2 ....That would probably be too weird though so I might not do it.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am the worry wart type too. I'm sure Jake will be just fine; Like others already said the procedure on boys is less invasive. Before you know it....he'll be home with you resting comfortably and you will be so glad it's over. I had one cat sleep it off, another was all hyper from the anesthesia and couldn't sit still. When I had my RB kitty Mia spayed they made me leave her overnight....Now that was pure torture for me. I didn't know till I was dropping her off and they said you can pick her up tomorrow....I was like....huh? LOL

Maybe rather than staying there they will let you leave one of your socks

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilyluvscats

I am the worry wart type too. I'm sure Jake will be just fine; Like others already said the procedure on boys is less invasive. Before you know it....he'll be home with you resting comfortably and you will be so glad it's over. I had one cat sleep it off, another was all hyper from the anesthesia and couldn't sit still. When I had my RB kitty Mia spayed they made me leave her overnight....Now that was pure torture for me. I didn't know till I was dropping her off and they said you can pick her up tomorrow....I was like....huh? LOL

Maybe rather than staying there they will let you leave one of your socks
Oh I would be so scared if I had to leave him overnight. I am just taking away his food and water now....He is such a sweet kitten! I can't wait until tomorrow night when he is home. I hope I have no litter issues because he will be using yesterday's news litter and I haven't transitioned it I will just change it...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Yesterdays News.
You can take pictures before you drop him off.
I took pictures of Meeko last week and in the carrier.
When the vet said she was ok I could not wait to get her.

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel ya! I have to take my baby, Levi in to be "chopped" on the 3rd! I am nervous too!! I didn't even ask how much they charge?? How strange for me, usually that is the FIRST thing I ask.. I was more interested in getting him in!
I wonder if my County has any discount programs??

That would be nice.

I hope because I am going to the local shelter that they will be reasonable, I just might call around tomorrow,..

ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK TO JAKE!!! I send for a great outcome!

Melissa,
Samantha and Levi

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I just dropped him off. I was supposed to drop him off between 7 and 8:30 but I showed up at exactly 8:30 because i didn't want him to spend any more time there than necessary. Then I stopped at petsmart and got the yesterdays news litter and a new litter box- I wanted to put the old litter in the new box because its fairly clean and put the yesterdays news litter in his old box so that it's easier for him to understand that what this new litter is for. He needs to have two litter boxes anyway. I also got him a toy- its a really cute white dove version of da bird....I couldn't help but want to spoil him, my poor baby..Now I am going to clean my room, set up the new litter box and hopefully that will kill a lot of time and he it will be 3 before I know it!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is in surgery now!!! I just called to ask and they told me...They said to call back around 1pm ...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It will be fast.
You can get him treats also.
For some odd reason he never gets excited over treats. He is more excited around his regular food...He will eat the treats but never with a lot of enthusiasm...
I just talked to my dad, and told him Jake is in surgery...He was telling me not to worry and that he had a friend who was a farm animal vet who neutered pigs without any anesthesia cuz the owners wantes to save money- and the pigs were fine..lol some amazing encouragement that is! Just kidding, I was apalled...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arghh 35 more minutes and I get to call them again to find out how he is!!! It should be over then i'm assuming. I hope they say he is already walking and awake.....

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow this is torture!! Lol they are not answering...The only thing I can do is to assume everything must be okay if they are no calling me...