TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Vibes needed... pretty please!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vibes needed... pretty please!

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I don't do this often but a friend at work brought home the most adorable puppy last month. She was a little young to be adopted out but it was either that or... well, you all know the alternatives. Her name is Brooklyn and she's at the vet right now with a very bleak outlook. I don't know much (she's having a hard time talking about it) but last night she was vomiting and pooping blood. The vet thinks that because she's so young (14 weeks at most) that its quite serious. They are running tests. Please, keep Brooklyn and Chris (her mommy) in your thoughts. We're all very worried about her.
post #2 of 23
How scary


Sending lots of vibes for the little guy. I hope it is treatable.

post #3 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
How scary


Sending lots of vibes for the little guy. I hope it is treatable.

& on their way!
post #4 of 23
Oh, poor little guy... sending lots of good thoughts for Brooklyn!
post #5 of 23
Poor little thing lots of vibes coming her way.

post #6 of 23
coming for Brooklyn & her Mommy. Please keep us updated.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
I guess the vet initially thought it might be Parvo. Chris (mommy) is letting her hubby deal with the vet because it's too hard for her so I expect I won't have any news until tomorrow.

Thank you for all the vibes!
post #8 of 23
Many healing vibes coming Brooklyn's way . I pray it's not Parvo.

Snickers had similar symptoms when she was a puppy. We got her VERY young (7 weeks...same situation as your friend's...either a home or "the alternative"). A week after she was with it she started vomiting, had bloody diaherria, etc. Turns out, when we were letting her out in the yard to do her business, she was eating the cat poop and got an infection in her intestines. She cleared up after a week on strong antibiotics. We still have to chase her out of the litterboxes though.

Please keep us up to date on how Brooklyn is doing! (I LOVE that name!!).
post #9 of 23
I hope it is not parvo, my parents lost a puppy to parvo. It was very traumatic.

post #10 of 23


Bless his widdle heart!! I hope he gets better!!
post #11 of 23
Lots and lots of good thoughts for little Brooklyn

Praying it's not parvo!
post #12 of 23
Prayers for her
post #13 of 23
Poor baby

Sending many prayers and vibes for Brooklyn and Chris.
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Well, it doesn't look good this morning. They called twice yesterday. The first time they only siad they were running more tests. The second time her husband asked when they might be able to get her and the Dr. just said I wouldn't count on it.
post #15 of 23
Sending lots and lots of that the puppy gets better fast and that the vet just missed something before and that it's easy to take care of!
post #16 of 23
Sending even more get-well-soon for Brooklyn.
post #17 of 23
If it is indeed parvo, she *may* survive, but chances are slim.

Sending mega her way.
post #18 of 23
poor baby! sending lotsa vibes his way
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by twstychik View Post
I don't do this often but a friend at work brought home the most adorable puppy last month. She was a little young to be adopted out but it was either that or... well, you all know the alternatives. Her name is Brooklyn and she's at the vet right now with a very bleak outlook. I don't know much (she's having a hard time talking about it) but last night she was vomiting and pooping blood. The vet thinks that because she's so young (14 weeks at most) that its quite serious. They are running tests. Please, keep Brooklyn and Chris (her mommy) in your thoughts. We're all very worried about her.
Uhh... have you tested her for parvovirus? I had a dog who had it - It has a very high mortality rate, but With a LOT of TLC (I quit my university for 2months to take care of him 24x7), he recovered and had a normal healthy life for many many years... Don't lose hope...
post #20 of 23
Oh the poor pup! Many going his way!
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Chris wanted me to thank you all for your vibes and support. She still hasn't talked to the vet personally but her son (16) went in yesterday and brought Brooklyn home. The vet gave him some meds and another bleak outlook. He son's reply (God, I love this boy) was "If she's going to die, she's going to die with us!" I know that there are no meds to treat Parvo so that it's not Parvo and what ever meds they sent with her work.
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake View Post
Poor baby

Sending many prayers and vibes for Brooklyn and Chris.
..................
post #23 of 23
Many, many, many more get well for Brooklyn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Vibes needed... pretty please!