Kitties on my lap

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just picked up a new camera about 3 weeks ago (yes, mostly so I could take better pictures of my cats
). Now that I have a camera with optics that can take a decent picture in room light and a fold-out LCD screen I can hold it at arms length and get some pretty decent shots. Here are some pics of each of my 4 cats sitting on my lap:

This is Tre, my oldest:

This is Promise, my youngest:

This is Tiny, my largest
:

And here's Thufir, my fluffiest:

Here's another shot of Thufir pretending to be a big baby:

The fur on his belly was all matted up so I had it shaved last week.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all adorable... but Tre's face, headshape, ear set, etc.... made me think of American Shorthair - the pedigreed version of the short-haired moggies we all know and love. But I am no expert... rounded face ... shortened muzzle, smaller nose, round eyes.. etc.

I mean, w/o papers it doesn't matter.

And I love Thufir's fuzzy pink shaved belly.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwww its so refereshing to see a guy loving his kitty cats so much. They are so precious.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I love these pictures. I like the name 'Promise'. I've got two kittens at the moment called Secrets & Tales so that will definitely have to go on the list!

mark1984

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha what a cute bunch of cats you've got! You're lucky theyre so happy to sit on your knee, i have to practically force my lot!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Promise's little white feet

Thufir is just beatuiful. Look at all that fur!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the nice comments!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

They're all adorable... but Tre's face, headshape, ear set, etc.... made me think of American Shorthair - the pedigreed version of the short-haired moggies we all know and love. But I am no expert... rounded face ... shortened muzzle, smaller nose, round eyes.. etc.
I don't really know to be honest. His history is: "I got him from a friend who, got him from a friend who, rescued his fuzzy butt from the pound." (that's in quotes because it sounds just like an old Bee Gees song to me, but it's accurate.
) I don't know anything about him before that.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Wow I love these pictures. I like the name 'Promise'. I've got two kittens at the moment called Secrets & Tales so that will definitely have to go on the list!
I had a girlfriend once who always used Promise for all of her online accounts. When I saw that sweet little black and white kitten it popped into my head immediately. To this day I'm not sure if I meant, "I promise to take care of you," or "You show a great deal of promise," but either way it has been accurate so far.

Originally Posted by dorabella's mom

Lucky you
Thanks. Now if I can just figure out why I can't get any work done on my computer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Promise looks a lot like one of my ferals, Wil.
Wil(Ma):

I agree! The only difference that jumps out at me is the little bit of white on the upper lip. Have you decided if (s)he is Wil or Wilma yet?