Evo

labyrinth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well my kitten has finally learned how to get to my older cat's food so now I am trying to give them scheduled feedings since they are on different foods (as opposed to leaving kibble out 24/7).

I stopped at a pet store today because I needed some more kibble for the kitten, and I was checking out the Evo and it says Cat AND kitten.. It seems kind of silly to ask since the bag says it's for both.. But I don't really understand how that can be for one brand but not for all. Will this food give both cat and kitten the proper nutrients they need for their different ages? If they can both eat the same food I can just leave the dish out for them again instead of trying to figure out when they're hungry.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think about it, a kitten in the wild will be eating whatever it's mother is eating. That's the philosophy behind foods like EVO, being high protein, grain free and closer to a cats most natural diet. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a better response soon.

I've fed my past kittens EVO and they did very well on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

labyrinth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well so far the kitten loves it, but I'm not surprised because that's what the ferrets eat and I keep catching him in their cage stealing their food :p

The older cat is still turning up his nose at it. Hopefully he'll like it in time though so they'll be able to just share one dish.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 of my cats eat Innova Evo dry food. My third cat has to have wet food only due to a health issue. I started my kitty Starbuck on the EVO when she was a baby and she loved it. Starbuck is now a healty adult kitty and loves her EVO. I am very lucky that my kitty that can only eat wet food does not try to eat the dry food at all. I am able to free feed the other two. EVO is an excellent food.

labyrinth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Evo is a great food but it can be too rich for a lot of cats, especially kittens. My boys eat the wet in rotation.
What do you mean by too rich? As in the ingredients will have unwanted effects (weight gain or loss, illness, etc), or they just don't fine it palatable?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
some kitties have loose stools on it ...

labyrinth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

some kitties have loose stools on it ...
Ah, okay thanks. I'll keep an eye out for that. No problems so far, but doesn't look like Max is going to want to make the switch. He doesn't even want to eat his normal food if there are any pieces of the Evo in there. Oh well, at least I don't need to worry about him eating the kitten's food anymore