Hello!

andrewfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, this is my first time on the forum. My name is Andrew and I'm from Suffolk. 21 years old and have 4 cats!!

Now to introduce you all to my klan!

First is Gemma:

(Picture taken quite a while ago) She's not far off 2 years old and at times can be really loving. She has only had the one litter (is now spayed). She had four kittens (3 boys and 1 girl), two of which we kept. She was an excellent mother however once the kittens reached 2/3 months of age she suddenly changed. She didnt want the kittens to be anywhere near her. Since then we have had behaivour problems with her where she will do her buisness (number twos) on the carpet when she wants to get out, is nervous or spends too much time around the other cats. She hisses at them and even wacks them if they get too close to her. Since they have reached this age she spends most of her time outside. Sometimes she will go out and we wont see her again for 48 hours (sometimes even longer). She isnt the loving cat she used to be anymore and I think this is just because she doesnt like the company of her children. - She used to be very loving, and still is at times when the other cats are outside or out of sight. It's just a shame that we seem to of lost the old Gemma. We pay a lot of attention to her when she comes indoors but she always just wants to go back outside after eating. She is a lovely cat, but seems to of lost herself a bit.

Next up is Ben:

Ben (Gemma's son) is 8 months old, the first of the two kittens we kept and is my personal faviroute! He is the best cat I could ever of asked for. He is so loving and has an amazing personality. He follows me around the house wherever I go, sleeps either on me, by my feet or next to me at night and is basically just the best! - His only flaw is that he wont stop jumping on to the kitchen surfaces no matter how many times he is shouted at. Oh, and the fact he always rolls on his back infront of me when im typing on the laptop! But nothing major really. Ben spends most of his time indoors and is always play fighting with the other 2 male cats. Ben eats a LOT, and I mean a lot... its like he never stops. But the weird thing is, he never seems to gain any weight. He is quite small compared to our other male cat and we have wormed him quite a few times just incase... but still he stays slim! Ben is very shy of strangers and only shows his friendly side to me and my girlfriend. (Some might say he's exclusive to his owners only! haha).

The next cat is Gizmo:

Gizmo (the second of the two kittens we kept) is of course also 8 months old. He is a large cat (not fat, just very macho
). He is one of the most, if not THE most, good looking cat I think I've ever seen. His markings are gorgeous. He, like Ben, is extreemly friendly and will often jump up on your lap or next to you on the sofa. He is not scared of strangers in the slightest he will act normal no matter who is around. Normal behaivour for Gizmo is chasing the other cats and play fighting with them and rolling around on the floor or next to an object wanting you to rub his belly. Gizmo doesnt eat as much as Ben but is a much larger built cat. It's safe to say that Gizmo is my next fave after Ben.

And last up is Harvey:

The best word to describe Harvey is a pest! He keeps you up at night and wakes you up in the morning with his charging about the place and playing with anything he can get his paws on. I'm not too sure how old he is exactly but I'd say a few months or so. He is no relation to any of our other cats. Harvey is the son of my girlfriends, mums cat. (got that?). He is still a kitten so we're hoping he will calm down a bit as he ages. He's extremely fluffy and allthough he looks black hes actually a chocolate colour. He isnt very loving, he will very rarely come to you and when you try to hold/stroke him he wants to get away and play some more. Gizmo was like that as a kitten so hopefully its just a kitten thing!

---

Well those are my cats!
Hope to chat to you all soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrewfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I'm enjoying this form so far
Nice to be around fellow cat people!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite,

Your furfamily is adorable.

See you around the site.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. Your kitties are gorgeous, it's a shame that Gemma doesn't get on with her kids. Maybe ask some questions in behaviour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrewfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Hello & welcome to tcs. Your kitties are gorgeous, it's a shame that Gemma doesn't get on with her kids. Maybe ask some questions in behaviour.
Hi, thank you
- I have asked a few questions but no one has replied as of yet

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Your fluffy babies are beautiful

I especially like Ben

Mitzi jumps on the work surfaces when she's not supposed to too

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Andrew - Welcome ... to you and your furbabies!
Loved your introduction!