I love my new kitchen gadget

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love love kitchen gadgets.

I need a pair of herb scissors.

I love this garlic slicer thing - it looks like a little car with wheels and you put the garlic inside and roll it like you would a toy car.

I can't find an image online..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I love this garlic slicer thing - it looks like a little car with wheels and you put the garlic inside and roll it like you would a toy car.
Ohhhhh... I've never seen one of those. I don't have a hand blender either.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
those are really nifty!!

If I had dishwasher that would be my favorite gadget

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness, I love it
Now, if only I could find a place indoors to grow fresh herbs without the cat eating it. We brought our mint plant in for the winter, hoping to have fresh mint for our tea, but apparently, mint tastes good to kitty
Now it's just a few stubby branches poking out, and dirt tracked everywhere.

I
my food processor. I just got it a few months ago, but don't know what I did without it. Now, instead of attempting to make hummus in my blender, and having to stop it ever 3 seconds to shift the stuff around, I can just throw it in, turn it on and wa'la, smooth hummus!

Just looking at the chef's website has me adding a dozen more things to my "when we move into a house and get a bigger kitchen" list. Must...tear...self...away...

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have this strawberry/tomato plucker thingie that I just love.
It scoops out the tops of your tomatoes and strawberries and you only remove the green parts.

I don't know the name of it so I can't find a picture of one either.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are too cool!

DH and I love kitchen gadgets and I'm not sure I could pick a favorite. The pour spout bottle toppers are very handy for oils... and I do love my salt & pepper mills. Couldn't live with out fresh ground pepper and sea salt.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I have this strawberry/tomato plucker thingie that I just love.
It scoops out the tops of your tomatoes and strawberries and you only remove the green parts.

I don't know the name of it so I can't find a picture of one either.
I call it a plucker
We have those at the restaurant i work at and they're great!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Karen! Those are real nifty!! I think I need me a pair!

I think I'd have to agree with Susan, though, I love my hand blender, too.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

If I had dishwasher that would be my favorite gadget
That makes you the kitchen gadget!

My chef friend guides me to the best kitchen gadgets. She laughed at some of the cheap ones that I owned and I've been gradually been replacing them with chef quality products for years now.

My favorites:
An insta-stick thermometer that is digital and doesn't need to be calibrated every time you use it.

Kitchen scissors that can cut thru meat bones

An electronic thermometer that talks to you to tell you what temperature your dish is at and how much time left until it is done.

Cooking spatulas.

Ice cream scoop type gadgets in different sized to scoop the right amount of food into a dish (think of burrito fillings).

And if you consider pots and pans as gadgets, I have some of the coolest professional grade pots around, some of them large enough to hold a large turkey for brining.

My Kitchenaid mixer with lots of attachments.

I rarely use my food processor. I enjoy cutting things up by hand.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought a BUNN coffeemaker and it is already my favorite. I resisted it for a long time because of the cost and it uses a little electricity constantly to keep a pot of water in the reservoir at 200 degrees but I love it. It brews a pot in 3 minutes and it is completely silent. The coffee is the best coffee that I have made in a home coffeemaker. I think the fact that the water never gets to a boiling point is why the coffee tastes better.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

Oh goodness, I love it
Now, if only I could find a place indoors to grow fresh herbs without the cat eating it. We brought our mint plant in for the winter, hoping to have fresh mint for our tea, but apparently, mint tastes good to kitty
Now it's just a few stubby branches poking out, and dirt tracked everywhere.
Catnip is actually a mint, so that is probably why your cat ate it. LOL

I love kitchen gadgets, and could spend all day long in a kitchen store. I don't even cook, my husband does!! LOL I'm good at baking, though. We have a store here called Sur la Table, and I LOVE going in there. Bed Bath and Beyond has an awesome kitchen gadget section also. lol

My sister has a pink KitchenAid mixer. My mom gave it to her for her birthday. Our KitchenAid mixer is from my husband's grandmother, so it is ancient but still works great.