Spring cleanup

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get Spring fever about this time. We usually have a January thaw here and that has been going on this last week. It rained for a couple of days and voila, much of the snow melted and then, I looked out in the back yard,
dog "stuff", bunches of it
Chase was a puppy last year, no big deal, just one adult dog, now there are two! Luckily I have have a system, I bought a heavy duty shop vacc. and dedicated it to "stuff". I get a lot of teasing, jokes and neighbors looking out the window with strange looks on thier faces, but hey it's gotta be done and it works.
When I get done I empty it, spray it out good, then fill it with clorox and water and let it soak, then clean it out well again. Guess it's time to get the shop vacc out soon

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You use a vacuum for doggy poop?

The concrete in my backyard is covered in kitty litter from blowing out of the bin
Mum keeps telling me to put the kitty litter in plastic bags first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

You use a vacuum for doggy poop?

The concrete in my backyard is covered in kitty litter from blowing out of the bin
Mum keeps telling me to put the kitty litter in plastic bags first.
Oh yeah. I mean we are talking 2 dogs stacking it up for 2-3 months, under the snow ,getting wet and soggy, you get the picture
You try scooping it up and it just mushes in. So I got creative, it still takes most of a day but it is better than trying to do it with a shovel
Sometimes ya just gotta think outside the box
Not only that but I know of several who know me who do the same now, but they don't admit it to anyone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

LOL! Sounds good to me. I can't imagine dealing with snow and doggy poop. My dog Chevy poops on the concrete and pees on the grass!
Yea one of mine does that too, Dillon. Trouble is in the snow he doesn't have any idea which is which so he takes the path of least resistance