Finally going to the doctor today

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone noticed, but in a lot of my posts lately I have mentioned that I am sick. Have been that way for over a week. The symptoms have come on gradually, but last night was absolutely terrible and I didn't get any sleep b/c I was up coughing all night long. I sat on here instead, with the humidifier right next to me. It didn't do any good, though.

It started out as just body aches and exhaustion, then came the stuffy head/sinus infection symptoms. I had a few sudden spells of nausea, but no vomiting, that lasts for about 10 minutes and then goes away. A couple days ago I developed a really sore throat, but as long as I kept up with the cold medicine I could keep everything at bay. Last night I started a really bad dry cough, most likely b/c of the sore throat. Who knows. My throat hurts SUPER bad now. I'm also starting to lose my voice. I looked in my throat and it looks super nasty, with white patches all over.

I called to make a dr appt as soon as they opened this morning. I have an appt this afternoon. My doctor is going to scold me for not coming in sooner. lol I can't tell if I have a fever or not b/c the battery is dead in both of our thermometers.
I don't think it is strep b/c of the cold symptoms I have (stuffy, runny nose) which doesn't accompany strep. Hopefully she can tell me what is wrong with me so I can get rid of it. I'm sick of being sick! lol

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that sucks. I am glad you got a Dr. appt.

Hopefully he can give you the medicine you need to get better (if you need meds).

Feel better soon.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I remember when thermometers had no batteries.

I hope you find out it's something easy to get over... I know it just saps your spirit when you're sick for so long.

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it's the dry air in your house from the heat.

Drink alot of water so you don't get dehydrated.

Feel better soon.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Batteries? Of course I know what those are I use the battery operated ones at work
But I still have an old glass thermometer with mercury at home.

Glad you could get in to the doctor so soon instead of having to make an appointment for two or three weeks down the line. It could be a cold and strep throat combined, which would be no fun at all. Hope the doctor can give you something to get rid of it fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my doctor, I can always get in right away, even for non-sick type things. Even if she is full and I can't see her they will put me with another doctor. I like all of the doctors at her clinic so I don't mind. I actually got in with my doctor today, though I was lucky b/c I got her last appointment of the day. Good thing I called as soon as they opened.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like what I have ..started 9 days ago...u name it I've had it this week....its the flu....is what the Dr told me...its a nasty one and can last 30 days...she asked if I thought I could just deal with it cause she doesn't like to give meds for the flu....She said we need our bodies to fight it off so we build up our immune systems...I've been taking advil or advil cold/sinus to get me thru the nights...I THINK I am over the worst of it now....just have cold like symptons now...and a few sore bones ...Good Luck to you

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn't tell me what I have, but I'm thinking most likely a bad sinus infection. It was something that warrants a z-pac, and she isn't the type to just hand out antibiotics willy nilly. She also gave me a decongestant (d-allergy) to take to clear up the snot. I can't fill either until tomorrow, though.
Hopefully I start feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I had those taken out when I was 21 b/c I kept getting huge painful sores on them and they were huge.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There has been a real nasty flu bug going around that takes forever to clear up. I hope you feel better soon.