a little help please....

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I may be overreacting again and worrying too much, but i've never raised a kitten before so I have no idea if this is normal. Jake played A LOT the day before yesterday, he played insanely, and then again yesterday morning. Then he slept almost the entire day, and played only a little at night. Today, he played a little in the morning for like 2-3 hours and slept the entire day. I try to engage him with toys right now and he will respond, like if I throw one of his toys he will chase after them, play for about 10 minutes and then settle down to sleep again. Is this normal, for kittens to play one day and then take it easier the next day?? I am worried cuz he ate a spider today, lol. He found the spider and hissed at it and then killed it and ate it...I worry a lot and I know it but I just can't help it..

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, kitties have lazy days
Just like us humans.

Sounds like your kitty is just pooped out from the activity the other day.

As long as where you live is not prone to poisonous spiders, he should be fine.

newkittylove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat, I worry almost incessantly over my new kitten. I am so new to kitty-ownership that it can be somewhat scary at times. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. Have fun with him, just keep a normal eye out for illness and you will both be just fine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Yes, kitties have lazy days
Just like us humans.

Sounds like your kitty is just pooped out from the activity the other day.

As long as where you live is not prone to poisonous spiders, he should be fine.
Originally Posted by NewKittyLove

I'm in the same boat, I worry almost incessantly over my new kitten. I am so new to kitty-ownership that it can be somewhat scary at times. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. Have fun with him, just keep a normal eye out for illness and you will both be just fine
thanks
It really helps for someone to say it. He played some more now which i'm very happy about

He is also sleeping on the floor, do your kitties do that? Up until now he has been sleeping somewhere high like a bed or his cat tree...

vespas ninja

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my "kitty" is no longer a kitty but even when she was young she would vary where she would sleep. Sometimes it is on the couch or bad or someplace else high, and other days she wants to spend all day on different spots on the floor.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats sleep wherever they feel like it, as with every other thing they do
It sounds like he is a normal, healthy baby, but it is good you are worried, it means you love him and will be a good mommy

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aaaaah, bless. It really is lovely when you get your first kitty but can also be a little nerve racking! My cat is 3 now, gosh how the time flies! When he was a kitten and still now he can have a really manic day of playing and then the next, he can hardly be bothered to do anything! He sleeps wherever he wants really, on top of the bookcase, floor, by the fire, the bed, windowsill, up on the kitchen cupboards near the ceiling! Sounds like you have a perfectly happy normal kitty to me, enjoy!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twokatz

Cats sleep wherever they feel like it, as with every other thing they do
It sounds like he is a normal, healthy baby, but it is good you are worried, it means you love him and will be a good mommy
Originally Posted by Althekitty

Aaaaah, bless. It really is lovely when you get your first kitty but can also be a little nerve racking! My cat is 3 now, gosh how the time flies! When he was a kitten and still now he can have a really manic day of playing and then the next, he can hardly be bothered to do anything! He sleeps wherever he wants really, on top of the bookcase, floor, by the fire, the bed, windowsill, up on the kitchen cupboards near the ceiling! Sounds like you have a perfectly happy normal kitty to me, enjoy!!!
Thanks for the reassurance!! He had another insane day yesterday

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gus LOVED to sleep on the floor. I would say about 50% of his time sleeping was spent on the floor, the rest divided among other places throughout the house. Milo loved sleeping on the floor also. I'd always try to move him at least to a blanket but he was a very restless sleeper and would end up moving back to the floor anyway. He even slept on the cold kitchen floor. BRRRR! He didn't seem to mind, though. The only other places he would sleep was our bed and a chair in our office. lol

Nora on the other hand, she is very prissy and I don't think I have ever seen her actually SLEEP on the floor. She lays on the floor a lot, but never sleeps there.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the shelter sometimes we say, "Look someone took their batteries out." because kittens will fall asleep where every they are if they are tired enough. As far as being tired one day & not the other my adult cats have days that they just laze about & other days it's almost like having maniac kittens again. Another thing to take into account with a kitten is that they are still growing & if your baby is about to hit a growth spirt it's little body may be preparing for the hard work of growing.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

thanks
It really helps for someone to say it. He played some more now which i'm very happy about

He is also sleeping on the floor, do your kitties do that? Up until now he has been sleeping somewhere high like a bed or his cat tree...
Kizzy sleeps anywhere. Floor,my bed, back of couch, kitchen chairs, floor under my desk, etc. Wherever he wants really.