Anyone else freaked out by anything paranormal?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I get totally freaked out by talk of ghosts, aliens, etc.
I usually won't even open threads discussing it.

Anyone else? I think I am going to be in the minority here.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i love it and am very interested in these things, but my BF is just like you, i cant even say a word about it around him.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really - been there, done that. Reading something online isn't going to hurt anything.

What is creepy is getting an impression off someone and having a person that is a practicing medium echo what I was thinking, word for word, a couple days later. It's happened more than once, and with some pretty random/out there things. I don't like the implications.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I love it, but i won't watch anything such as "Most haunted" when i'm on my own.
Most Haunted is all faked, I`m sure, but I still love it for entertainment.

I`m very sceptical but I do believe there is 'something' and that scares the poop out of me
I refuse to watch Omen because of all the things that happened surrounding the film and the making of it. I hate the dark because my mind goes into overdrive. I blame my mum for letting me watch horror films when I was wee

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find the subject of haunted houses and such - even just reading about people's experiences here - frighting yet interesting. For some reason, I physically get goosebumps when aliens, or ghosts, or things that go bump are discussed.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I get totally freaked out by talk of ghosts, aliens, etc.
I usually won't even open threads discussing it.

Anyone else? I think I am going to be in the minority here.
I'm with you Karen, it all freaks me out

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is fascinating. I love to read and hear about all things paranormal, whether real or totally fantasy/sci-fi. That's my favorite type of genre of fiction, too, speculative.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
freaked out yet. love it YES!!

In fact I'm even taking a class called Creatures, Spirits and Ailens

its a compairsion class of Japanese and AMerican Horror movies, ghost stories and Science fiction! Its wonderful that the required movies are like THE RING, THE exorcist, Star Trek...etc.

My college was super haunted....and I have expereinced some paranormal stuff and I even had a subscription to Weird NJ at one time. (I collect the books)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a big scaredy cat (
) so scary movies really freak me out, especially if they are more "mentally" scary as opposed to slasher films. I try to avoid watching them as much as possible and never ever watch them by myself

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I think it is fascinating. I love to read and hear about all things paranormal, whether real or totally fantasy/sci-fi. That's my favorite type of genre of fiction, too, speculative.

The only two things that ever really freaked me out so far was watching the movies The Texas Chainsaw Massacre & The Blair Witch Project.
Those two movies just creep me out, and I can't handle watching them.
Some of the Saw movies were pretty gruesome, too.

Other than that, paranormal stuff fascinates me. But if a UFO ever dropped out of the sky and an alien walked off the ship, you'd better believe I'd be headed for the hills!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try not to freak out. Like when all the cats look at something on the ceiling in unison and there is nothing there, deep down inside, I am crying and wanting to go hide, but because I cant, I try not to freak out, but it is my first reaction.

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not bothered by it at all. We have had quite a bit of "activity" in our house and it really doesn't bother me like it used to...I get really creeped out with scary movies about exorcisims and demons , I can't hack those at all. I feel like something is watching me.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am fascinated with the paranormal. It doesn't freak me out. I was freaked out when I saw my first ghost but have been seeing them regularly so I am not fazed by them anymore.

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I grew up in a house with a lot of activity, some of it unpleasant. While I'd never want to live somewhere like that ever again, for some reason the whole subject fascinates me.