My girlfriend and I joined a rescue

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday me and my Gf went through a quick training session for a rescue through a local petsmart called "furever friends" here in NJ. they normally didnt have anyone that worked past 5pm so we suggested that instead of going a half hour out of our way that me and her worked saturday nights

so 1. I dont have to change my work schedule
2. The cats get more exposure as we are there for 4 hours every saturday night that the adoption center is not normally open!

Im very excited about this and I hope me and my experienced volunteer gf (whos worked several shelters and rescues with cats and rabbits... not sure if you seen our bunnies but they are fun) set up several cats and kittens with new permanent homes where they are enjoyed!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

that is wonderful! i would love to do something liked that...i wonder if the petsmart near me does this??? i might have to look into this, i have wanted to get actively involved in helping animals for some time now, congratz to the both of you, its wonderful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i found the oppurtunity through petfinder.com actually.

call the local petsmart they normally have either county or independent shelters run their adoption centers so they were saying yesterday. They dont SELL cats and dogs they adopt them out. to me Ive ben looking to do something for awhile and this worked perfectly!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ronnycage

i found the oppurtunity through petfinder.com actually.

call the local petsmart they normally have either county or independent shelters run their adoption centers so they were saying yesterday. They dont SELL cats and dogs they adopt them out. to me Ive ben looking to do something for awhile and this worked perfectly!
This is what I do, too. I got involved and then my boyfriend started helping me. It's something that we do together every week.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a hint to the single guys: This is a great way to meet young women! They are really attracted to guys who like cats.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just a hint to the single guys: This is a great way to meet young women! They are really attracted to guys who like cats.
I like your thinking
I was "friends-only" for 11 years with my DH; when he decided to adopt 4 kitties & a shelter dog, I decided that we might have some potential as a couple

Back to the OP -
That is wonderful news for the kitties - the extended hours will give them the extra chance that they need. Sending mega prayers and vibes that your efforts are richly rewared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey thanks for the wishes guys!! were def looking forward to this. I advertised to everyone at work to stop by, visit, bring friends, anything potential to have a cat/kitten get adopted. trying to get whatever info to everyone that may be looking to see me for one as Id obviously like to get the ones closest to me situated.