A big thank you to the forum

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been through a lot in the last 1 1/2 years and everyone here has always been there to support and help. I am sure that maybe some judgment has been there is some minds but only support was given. And right now with my posting a lot about my loss of teeth and the trials that go with it no judgment has been heart warming.

This site has always been so great to people that come here looking for help. And I want to say a thank you to everyone for all the help and support they give everyday.

As soon as I get the new teeth I will be sure to post about that. It will be such a happy ending to a long long story.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, the funny thing is that the "new teeth" deal used to be the norm, rather than an unusual situation. Both my wife's folks had full dentures around 40. That wasn't uncommon.

And it's not hard to figure out why, in some cases. My sister and I, although we had a fair number of cavities as kids, have fairly healthy teeth now. We both started brushing very regularly early in high school, mostly from peer experience. My brother never did pick up the habit, and he has virtually no teeth at all, now.

I'm glad you're getting yours. It's amazing how dental problems can affect your whole outlook. It amazes me that dental and optical problems are two things not covered by Medicare, when they are two of the major health problems among the elderly.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i havent read any of your other posts, but hey no judgement at all! everyone goes thru hard time about one thing or another....i hope you are able to get your new teeth soon...good luck!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It may be unusual, but I hope that it makes you feel better physically and emotionally. I've had a few problems with one tooth over the last 4 months and it has driven me nuts. I'm more than willing to give you support for something much more radical.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You deserve a lot of credit and kudos in my opinion. You are doing things to better your situation. You have gone back to school and you are doing something about the teeth that have always bothered you. It is easy to complain about things and not very easy to do what you can to improve things. You certainly don't deserve any judgment right now.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy that things are working out for you. Here's to hoping you get used to the new teeth quickly and easily:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again thank you everyone for the support. I was very worried at first to talk about this issue on here because I talked about it one time on another site (my teeth issues) and someone turned around and used that against me to make me feel bad about myself. And I always fear people talking bad about me because of that issue.

Good news...I was able to eat a sandwich today. I feel so good about that.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the cat site. I have been here for several years and there are a lot of nice people here. I am sorry, I dont know your dental threads. But I can say my Binky broken her two front canines and had them out recently . The people here helped me, not only informative but emotional. I know you are not a cat, but may be many of us cant tell the difference. Cats are people too. Or is it people are cats too?

Any way, take care.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

You deserve a lot of credit and kudos in my opinion. You are doing things to better your situation. You have gone back to school and you are doing something about the teeth that have always bothered you. It is easy to complain about things and not very easy to do what you can to improve things. You certainly don't deserve any judgment right now.
You only deserve a great big "Atta girl!!"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I was very worried at first to talk about this issue on here because I talked about it one time on another site (my teeth issues) and someone turned around and used that against me to make me feel bad about myself.
I don't understand how anyone could? They're just teeth, not having them doesn't change who you are - and it's who you are that matters. ...if that made sense?

But I understand how not wanting to discuss certain things because you feel like you'll be judged, or simply anything that makes you different can make you feel like others may judge/attack you in some way.

I'm surprised you managed a sandwich already! Maybe you have a high pain tolerance? or just heal very quickly. In any case, take it easy and pamper yourself - how about a bowl of ice cream with hot fudge topping?
or any soft dessert of your choice.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Once again thank you everyone for the support. I was very worried at first to talk about this issue on here because I talked about it one time on another site (my teeth issues) and someone turned around and used that against me to make me feel bad about myself. And I always fear people talking bad about me because of that issue.
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't understand how anyone could? They're just teeth, not having them doesn't change who you are - and it's who you are that matters. ...if that made sense?

I don't understand how anyone could, either, but then again, I don't understand even half of what people do or say nowadays.

Kudos to you, Ping, for all that you're doing to make your life better.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im with Karen, the things that you have been able to set out and change for yourself are really inspiring. Truly. You should be proud of yourself, I am of you.

That being said, TCS is a very supportive diverse group of women and a few men, who put diferences aside and support one another.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I completely agree. It's easier to kvetch about ones situation, but you've worked hard to improve it, and your candor about it is refreshing.

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is a wonderful site with wonderful people. I learned that first hand. I am glad you have found happiness on this board.