NALA is here!

the_real_anna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
YAY! I am so happy BUT, she is TOO shy! She won't come near us! She'll let us pick her up but then she wants to run away.

I let her be for now. Prince won't leave her alone. She won't scratch or bite him, and he loves her already!

Why is she so scared? Poor kitty!

Nala's page - NEW PHOTOS and VIDEO!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new kitty!
She's a very pretty girl! She's scared because she is in a new environment, and everything she's known before is gone. She will adjust, but she needs time.

If you have concerns with her behavior, you can always post about it in our Behavior forum. You might want to check out this post, which has a link which talks about introducing a new cat to a resident cat. There's great advice there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

the_real_anna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Congratulations on your new kitty!
She's a very pretty girl! She's scared because she is in a new environment, and everything she's known before is gone. She will adjust, but she needs time.

If you have concerns with her behavior, you can always post about it in our Behavior forum. You might want to check out this post, which has a link which talks about introducing a new cat to a resident cat. There's great advice there.
Thank you!

I read it, but I want Nala to adjust quickly to us.
The lady said she was very friendly. I just wish she would come out of hiding and joint he rest of the family!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just sitting quietly near her, not paying attention to hear, possibly even reading aloud so she'll get used to your voice, seems to work pretty well.