My Cat Is Pregnant

polkie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yea my cat is pregnant, I noticed it because her nipples are A rosy color and they are bigger than they was, But Im worried about her, she mated with a stray cat, and the other day I noticed that she had worms, and Idk what to do. She had worms before she was pregnant like months ago and we got her this medicine to get rid of the worms. But Im afraid that if I get more medicine, it might effect her kittens if I give it to her.. Im really scared and confused on what I should do, I dont want anything to happen to her or her kitten. Shes only 4 weeks pregnant.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do NOT use an over-the-counter wormer. Others here can tell you some other aspects, but you should probably see the vet and have him treat her.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can have her seen by the vet and he can spay her right away so that she doesn't have her kittens. They can also take care of the worm problem too. There is really no need to let her have kittens when she can be safely spayed. She isn't too far along.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

polkie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its fine now,the things I seen werent worms, they was just something that she sat on and got on her tail lol.
But yea I think Tommorrow Shes going on her Second month of being pregnant =)

cat-tastrophe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I'll bet you're excited! Make sure you keep her in one room while she's in labor, or when she gets close. We had one cat that gave birth outside, and we didn't know she had already had one kitten. The other two were fine, but we found out about the first one a little too late. Keep us posted!

polkie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll keep you posted =))
I think shes not as far into the pregnancy as I though Cuz she getting fatter , But Im not sure how far she is

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just by looking at her, I can bet the kittens will be real beauties!

Please be sure to get her spayed after this (not sure at what point it's safe to spay a pregnant cat - others here would know).

We want to see baby pictures too.

cat-tastrophe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sparkie

Just by looking at her, I can bet the kittens will be real beauties!

Please be sure to get her spayed after this (not sure at what point it's safe to spay a pregnant cat - others here would know).

We want to see baby pictures too.
Just curious, is Pandora the one with long hair? She's really beautiful and looks identical to my sister's cat Checkers that had for seven years before our neighbor dropped her off while we were on vacation.

As for spaying, a person shouldn't be made to feel like they have to. As long as you take good care of the kittens and find them all good homes, you can have as many litters as you want!

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat-tastrophe

Just curious, is Pandora the one with long hair? She's really beautiful and looks identical to my sister's cat Checkers that had for seven years before our neighbor dropped her off while we were on vacation.

As for spaying, a person shouldn't be made to feel like they have to. As long as you take good care of the kittens and find them all good homes, you can have as many litters as you want!
Problem with that line of thought? There are thousands of cats and kittens in shelters because people did not spay and neuter. I love cats as much as the next person, but that does not mean I should let my cat continue to add to an already severe overpopulation issue.

Finding good homes is easier said than done.
Anita

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat-tastrophe

Just a reminder about the forum rules which every one agrees to when becoming a member:

2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cat. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. By spaying and neutering you enhance your cat's quality of life and improve his or her health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.

polkie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's Close to having her kittens =))

I can feel and see them kick, She was looking around (nesting) Then I put A really soft and comfortable cover in my closet, and she sleeps on it, so most likely she'll have her kittens there =))
I cant wait, But Im kinda afraid becuz this is her first litter and Im afraid she might not take care of her kittens right, But I guess theres nothing to be afraid of.

polkie15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And to all the people that say spay ur cat, I dont have money to get her spayed, and ppl that say all these kittens are in shelters becuz ppl dont spay their cats etc. Im not putting them in shelters, I already have people that want a kitten, So ofcourse they will have a good home, I always make sure of that and Im keeping one kitten =))

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wondered how you can afford to own another cat when you can't afford to get the one you already have spayed? What if something goes wrong when your cat gives birth and you need a vet or what if the kittens get sick? I now have three cats and they aren't cheap to keep and the kittens I foster end up at the vets a lot and cost the charity I work for quite a bit of money.

That your cat and kittens are healthy...

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by polkie15

And to all the people that say spay ur cat, I dont have money to get her spayed, and ppl that say all these kittens are in shelters becuz ppl dont spay their cats etc. Im not putting them in shelters, I already have people that want a kitten, So ofcourse they will have a good home, I always make sure of that and Im keeping one kitten =))
Even so, they are taking homes that cats or kittens in a shelter could have had, had your cat been spayed!just my opinion!!and as for not being able to afford it there are several programs for low income pet owners to have thier pets spayed or neutered.If you are unable to afford to have your cat fixed how will you pay for an emergency?what if she is unable to birth the kittens naturally?Good luck and I treally hope she comes through just fine as well as the kittens.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And to all the people that say spay ur cat, I dont have money to get her spayed,
Are you aware that there are low cost and in some places even free spay/neuter clinics? From what I've seen they cost $30-$50.

It will cost far more than that to feed your pregnant/lactating girl twice as much food as she normally eats, feed the kittens until they are 12 weeks, vet check, microchip, vaccinate, worm, spay/neuter all the kittens before they go to new homes.

Not to mention if she needs a c-section, $700+

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call the shelter and ask them for a low-cost vet to spay her. The shelter may even do it for low cost if you ask. The important thing is to get her SPAYED. And I do agree - how are you gonna afford another kitten that you are keeping when you cannot afford to spay her? And you will have to neuter/spay the kitten too.

Get a 2nd job part time to cover the costs, but get it done - that is being responsible!

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

She's Close to having her kittens =))

I can feel and see them kick, She was looking around (nesting) Then I put A really soft and comfortable cover in my closet, and she sleeps on it, so most likely she'll have her kittens there =))
I cant wait, But Im kinda afraid becuz this is her first litter and Im afraid she might not take care of her kittens right, But I guess theres nothing to be afraid of.
Nothing to worry about? what will you do if she needs a c-section to the tune of $700 +. Since you cannot afford to spay her, then it is safe to assume you cannot afford a vet bill of that size or more.

Many people have already suggested this, but call around. There are clinics that will do the spay for very low cost. There is no real excuse not to do something so vital to the health and well being of your cat.

I wish her and you luck with the kittens.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do understand where you are comming from about not being able to afford the spay etc. I was in your same situation and my cat got out and got preg. (she was an indoor only kitty but snuck out). well I was one of the unfortunate ones that needed to have a c-section because her ONE, yes she only had ONE, baby was big and sideways. I had them spay her then BUT it cost me $1000!!!! for the c-section and spay! she had one baby boy and we were going to find a home for him and had one lined up but we fell in love and kept him. well he is going in soon be be neutered. yes it is expensive and I really don't have the money and no he won't end up preg (and the rest of my cats are all fixed) but don't want the health problems etc. I went through the MSPCA and got a SNAP certificate for 50% off the neuter. now around here they are expensive!!!!! most were $100-$400 with out the certificate I went with the one that was cheapest so at least it is only $50 with the certificate....... not saying you are wrong but if I spent that $300 that I "didn't have" earlier then it would have saved me about $750 for her c-section and now her kittens neuter....... so just something to think about.

but congrats and GL on your kittens.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Has she had her kittens yet? Any idea how many she has in there?