Oh Ferris, what's that on your nose?!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night Ferris came into my bedroom and started meowing at me, like he usually does when he's asking permission to jump up for a visit and a scritch. (He's so polite - except when he's demanding treats, then he yells at me until I satisfy him!
)

When I leaned over the side of the bed to say hi to him, I saw this red blob on his little pink nose, and in the shadowy darkness, my first thought was that he'd cut his nose and was bleeding!

I had heard a big crash upstairs earlier, but it hadn't sounded like anything had broken, so I hadn't bothered to go check it out.

Now I was worried, so I started patting the covers and telling him to "come up, come up!" He kept meowing at me, and didn't jump up right away, so I started to freak out, and became more insistant that he jump up.

Then he did, and as he came into the light, I saw what the red blob on his nose was.

It was a LADYBUG!!!

Poor Ferris - my house got infested with them in the fall, and yesterday was warm, so some of them woke up and were entertaining the cats by flying around the house. One of them must have surprised Ferris when it headed straight for him and landed directly on the top of his nose!

I took it off him, and he meowed at me again and ran away. I guess that was all he wanted!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that is TOO funny!!!!! Poor Ferris - "Muuuuuum, I need help!!"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

One of them must have surprised Ferris when it headed straight for him and landed directly on the top of his nose!

I took it off him, and he meowed at me again and ran away. I guess that was all he wanted!
That's funny! Poor baby. He could probably see it on his nose. So cute!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
poor Ferris! At least the ladybugs are keeping you all entertained.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a plague of them some years ago. Man, they do get everywhere, don't they? And they have a strong smell, too, if enough of them are together in one place.

But at least you know your cats won't have aphids.

newkittylove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL that's awesome! I do hear ladybugs can be annoying, but at least they're pretty harmless. Thankfully little Ferris wasn't actually hurt! I can imagine the scare it must've given you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Poor little guy!

But wow - what a transformation from the semi-feral boy who didn't trust anyone to the little boy who knew to come to Mommy to save him!
Right now there are only 4 people in the whole world that Ferris trusts at all - and I left three of them behind in Massachusetts. He only has me now. If you came to visit you would never, ever know he lives here. He growls a warning when someone is coming to the door, then he takes off and hides until he can't hear or smell them in the house anymore.

Poor boy.
He'll always be semi-feral, but he's a momma's boy now for certain.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's got his mum, and his furry brother and sisters - what more could a kitty ask for?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor Ferris

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I had heard a big crash upstairs earlier, but it hadn't sounded like anything had broken, so I hadn't bothered to go check it out.
sounds like my place, if it doesn't sound like something broke - don't get up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

sounds like my place, if it doesn't sound like something broke - don't get up
Well, with two bengals and a Bonnie, I'd be getting up every 5 minutes!