A huge breakthrough for my Scarey kitty!!

kathym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My scarey kitty has always been the reluctant one - that's how she got her name! Anyway, this morning at feeding time she actually for the very first time let me pet her!!!!! Not only that but she was needing her front paws and was purring! She has a very loud purr!! It was amazing!! I just wanted to share that with everyone

My Moley kitty has let me pet him for some time now and he has kissed my hand and has never gone to bite me....life is good!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was so excited about yesterday and it repeated this morning!

I am hoping that she will still trust me after she is trapped and taken to get fixed.....wish me luck!

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you, congrats!! Re: spay/neutering

That is what I worry about with my snoball, I hope when the time comes she is comfy enough to accept the trip to the vet without us having to start from zero again.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KathyM

My scarey kitty has always been the reluctant one - that's how she got her name! Anyway, this morning at feeding time she actually for the very first time let me pet her!!!!! Not only that but she was needing her front paws and was purring! She has a very loud purr!! It was amazing!! I just wanted to share that with everyone

My Moley kitty has let me pet him for some time now and he has kissed my hand and has never gone to bite me....life is good!!!!
We got Alley from a shelter and that has been two years now. Whenever I reach suddenly to pet her, she still shys away so I know that she was the victim of abuse before the shelter. There are many common things around the house that still scare her, the simple act of flushing a toilet will cause her to run away. But, she loves to play with Persi, friendly fighting and especially the laser light. We have a vacuum operated elevator that has been causing her to run for shelter every time it is operated but I can see that she is becoming less afraid each month. Despite her being so afraid of things, when it is bedtime she joins us in bed until morning time when she disappears for the day. They say time heals all wounds and it is such a blessing when she gets over her fears, one by one.
Good luck with your kitty, he will come around eventually.

kathym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like there will come a day when the light comes on in her head and all the fears will be gone and have nothing but love!

Today has been one heck of a roller coaster ride.....check my post titled "after surgery".......

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't really find the words to describe what a beautiful feeling that is! I am so happy for you and your little one! I felt it this feeling this week as Nefertiti stopped hissing at me when I went to pick her up and changed to purring. You are loved unconditionally who could want for anything more?!!

kathym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RussianKitten

I can't really find the words to describe what a beautiful feeling that is! I am so happy for you and your little one! I felt it this feeling this week as Nefertiti stopped hissing at me when I went to pick her up and changed to purring. You are loved unconditionally who could want for anything more?!!
Yes indeed!!!!