I guess kitties really do prefer clean litter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Once or twice a week I add fresh litter to the boxes. Tonight I was feeling rather proud of myself that I'd worked out an efficient method to get the job done. I opened the bucket of litter and set it next to the litter box so I could pour some in as soon as I had finished scooping. So I'm scooping away and Shareena hops up into the bucket and pees on the clean litter. Of course, there wasn't room for her to turn around in the bucket, so she hopped out again then reached up with her paw to very neatly cover her pee.
She must have thought I was trying out a different kind of litter box---again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I usually just have supervisors who have to check out the litter box as soon as I've finished scooping. Or even while I'm still scooping. I think this is the first time one of them has gotten into the fresh litter before it got to the litter box.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes. In our PetSmart storefront- we have a large bin with a sliding top where we keep the litter... I have had cats jump in there when the top of the bin is open and relieve themselves!

Good thing it's clumping litter!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Ah, yes. In our PetSmart storefront- we have a large bin with a sliding top where we keep the litter... I have had cats jump in there when the top of the bin is open and relieve themselves!
I guess PetSmart is the cat equivalent of McDonald's.

Yes, my cats always like to try out new litter boxes as well. When I got Promise as a kitten a few years back, I set up a small cake pan, maybe 12x8", as her litter box because I had the jumbo-mega litter boxes for my other cats. My adult cats wanted to try it out too, but they were bigger than the cake pan and ended up just peeing all over the bathroom floor.

One of my boys also serves as a supervisor, coming in and marking the litter when I take the tops off the boxes to clean them. I really don't mind it since he got completely blocked up a few years back and this lets me keep an eye on his bladder function every day.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehehe, yeah, our adoption cats at Petsmart always use their litter boxes right after we clean them out.

And lol, AddieBee, I had one kitty get in the clean litter bin at Petsmart, but all he did was sit in there and look up at me innocently. =3 I was so amazed that he didn't urinate in it. And he did that about three times. I really wanted to take him home. <333

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Every time I scoop at least one of my cats thinks he or she needs to baptize the litter. This time was funny because Shareena hopped into the bucket before the litter even got to the litter box.
Guess she was just getting a head start on things.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I scoup twice a day, and Sophie always jumps in to leave the tiniest package just so she puts her mark on it
LOL! That's a good way to describe it - they just have to squeeeeeeze something out don't they

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I can't beleive she reached up cleaned up with her paw!?
How cool!

Trout needs about 200 feet of space around her to pee
Somehow, she makes it shoot up...so I have THE tallest tote I could find to make as her LB.