TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Obama and the Lobbyists
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama and the Lobbyists - Page 2

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
One thing we can be sure of, we won't have to ever hear the words, "Halliburton-Cheney" in the same sentence again.

Why would you think that?
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
I just Googled "Timothy Geithner nomination", and there are about 165,000 results. Is that what you consider "barely reported"?
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Econo...6196682&page=1
News about Mr. Geithner's pending appointment caused the stock market to rally - in this troubled economy, I'd say that the decision is looking to be smart one so far.
post #33 of 53
Quote:
“This is exactly the kind of thing that makes the American public suspicious of politicians.
I like the above quote. It's no secret that politicians are vile, loathesome creatures.
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Econo...6196682&page=1
News about Mr. Geithner's pending appointment caused the stock market to rally - in this troubled economy, I'd say that the decision is looking to be smart one so far.
Or they know he's on their side like he has been while running the NY Fed.

This man was part of the problem.
post #35 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Econo...6196682&page=1
News about Mr. Geithner's pending appointment caused the stock market to rally - in this troubled economy, I'd say that the decision is looking to be smart one so far.

Oh yes, because we all know how honorable Wall Street is. It comes as no surprise that they will love the tax cheat.

To me, that is a good reason to feel the opposite.

I just don't understand how anyone can be for this unscrupulous guy. Is it just because Barack chose him?
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Oh yes, because we all know how honorable Wall Street is. It comes as no surprise that they will love the tax cheat.

To me, that is a good reason to feel the opposite.

I just don't understand how anyone can be for this unscrupulous guy. Is it just because Barack chose him?
Youre just like totaly smitten with him arent you, you mention him in almost every post. Maybe if you put on a really hot outfit and do one of those 'Obama girl' videos he might notice you
post #37 of 53
Oh goody! Our special Middle East envoy George Mitchell's a lobbyist too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide

Well, techinically not a registered one, but his law firm is.



I'm certainly not feeling very HopenChangey.
post #38 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleeko View Post
Youre just like totaly smitten with him arent you, you mention him in almost every post. Maybe if you put on a really hot outfit and do one of those 'Obama girl' videos he might notice you
Is there an answer to my question in there anywhere? Guess not.

Neet, I guess the lobbyist criticism is only applicable to Republicans?

I honestly would like some input from people that voted for Barack, how they feel about this lobbyist issue and how they feel about the tax evader/cheat heading up the I.R.S.

I don't think being a lobbyist makes a person evil but it is the double standard I object to.
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Is there an answer to my question in there anywhere? Guess not.

Neet, I guess the lobbyist criticism is only applicable to Republicans?

I honestly would like some input from people that voted for Barack, how they feel about this lobbyist issue and how they feel about the tax evader/cheat heading up the I.R.S.

I don't think being a lobbyist makes a person evil but it is the double standard I object to.
I guess I don't count.
post #40 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat View Post
I have to say, I am a little disappointed in Obama's decision to appoint Lynn. That being said, he may be the most qualified person for the job. Perhaps an exception was in order. We all make them at times.

As far as Timothy Geithner, I absolutely disagree with that choice.
I'm sorry Rockcat, I stand corrected.
post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I honestly would like some input from people that voted for Barack, how they feel about this lobbyist issue and how they feel about the tax evader/cheat heading up the I.R.S.
It's not something I can get indignant about, after an adminstration with the likes of Cheyney, Rumsfeld, Gonzalez, Norton, Paulson and Chertoff.

At least there's an attempt to have some ethics rules this time. I just wish they'd be applied to members of Congress, too.
post #42 of 53
Ethics mean absolutely nothing to politicians, I found those new "rules" to be little more than typical lip service. I said it during the election and I'll say it again now, no matter who wins (now it would be won) the election it will be business as usual.
post #43 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
It's not something I can get indignant about, after an adminstration with the likes of Cheyney, Rumsfeld, Gonzalez, Norton, Paulson and Chertoff.

At least there's an attempt to have some ethics rules this time. I just wish they'd be applied to members of Congress, too.
Soooo, two wrongs do make a right.

I got it now.
post #44 of 53
I'm guessing that everyone has forgotten the ethical lapses of the Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, and Carter administrations.

It's always funny to hear a President promise an "ethical" administration. After all, that's what Clinton promised...
post #45 of 53
Another one, this time to his legal team. This guy's gonna be busy, since he has to recuse himself on bailout and insurance issues. Maybe he can plan the menu for the next dinner meeting with Congress and leave out the $80 a pound Kobe beef.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/60954.html
post #46 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday named a politically connected top executive of a financial services company that's seeking federal bailout money to be his chief legal counsel on the economy, a move raising ethical concerns with watchdog organizations and casting a shadow on Obama's campaign theme of change.
Quote above is from Neet's link.

It may just be me, but this looks really, really bad.
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Quote above is from Neet's link.

It may just be me, but this looks really, really bad.
If any of this is supposed to make the US look better in the eyes of the world, we are in serious doo doo.
post #48 of 53
Even someone at India Daily has noticed the hypocricy.

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/20471.asp
post #49 of 53
Thread Starter 
17 Waivers, good grief. I really don't understand how that man can get away with this, with the campaign rhetoric fresh in our memories.

No, I have come to the conclusion that people do not care anymore, I really believe Obama could hand this country over, lock, stock and barrel to the Chinese Government and most of his supporters wouldn't even blink.

You can't make people care.

I will say, though, most on this forum are not defending this hypocrisy. But on other boards it is making no difference to any Obama supporters. They are defending him to the bitter end.
post #50 of 53
I found a list of 12 from last week. That's a lobbyist a day.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18128.html

Good grief. I think you could've picked 12 random people in Washington and gotten less lobbyists. It's almost like they've been picked on purpose.
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
1
No, I have come to the conclusion that people do not care anymore, I really believe Obama could hand this country over, lock, stock and barrel to the Chinese Government and most of his supporters wouldn't even blink.
Actually, I don't think the Chinese are who he's got in mind. They don't even want to buy our debt anymore.
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Actually, I don't think the Chinese are who he's got in mind. They don't even want to buy our debt anymore.
Does anybody? It wouldnt be very bright to buy the debt of someone with the fiscal wherewithal to get themselves into a mess like the US is in now
post #53 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Actually, I don't think the Chinese are who he's got in mind. They don't even want to buy our debt anymore.
[BQuit that!!!! [/b]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Obama and the Lobbyists