Charlie's Last Show (and chance)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chalrlie will be going to his last show next weekend in St. Paul. He will be permanently retired from showing whether or not he gets his last 19 pts to be CFA Grand Premier.

Anyone that is from MN and wants to come to the show, its at the River Center in St. Paul - next to the Ice Sculptures. Show is Sat/Sun from 10-4 both days.

Wish him luck he can get those last 19 pts.

Just got point count - total premiers 12 (7 sh, 5 lh) - he would need finals in 2 AB rings or 1 AB and 2 SP to get the 19 pts.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Martice,

Obviously I can't make the show to see Charlie, but I certainly wish you and him the very best of luck for that Grand Premier!

He deserves it, hope you get those points.
Go Charlie!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and Charlie! I have been wanting to go to a show for such a long time, but they always seem to be on weekends I am scheduled to work! I am bummed... But I hope Charlie gets those last points he needs!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck Charlie

I keep asking Demetri if I can take him out one last time for the Nationals in June, then we'd have 7 Oci's there but I don't think he will let me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack's first show (with me) will be in April too. He gets to go end of February for his first show as a kitten.

Amanda, but Charlie LIKES showing, that's the sad thing. Demetri doesn't.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you just going to stop showing Charlie so you can campaign Jack?

I understand if that's why. Nana & I have 7 kittens to show this year!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a few reasons:

Charlie is Granded in ACFA and won regional/national finals. Would like to Grand him in CFA too.

Charlie got a UTI almost 2 yrs ago from what we think is him holding out peeing in public. He won't go at the show, and we kinda have to make him go in the hotel if staying overnite - otherwise he holds it till he gets home. I don't want to risk his health and another UTI. Not my fault he's too shy to pee in public

He loves showing, loves baths, just that he gets too uncomfortable at shows and starts being grouchy with the judges when he's picked up. This is the main reason why we have to stop showing him. He may accompany his brother for local shows - will see.

From seeing Jack's pictures and comparing Jack and Charlie at the same age (almost) its obvious that Jack is a lot better type wise then Charlie. So I won't show them against each other.

Hopefully Jack will love showing as much as Charlie does,,,,,,,,,,,but won't be shy in public for using the litter pan!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I hate that pong of a cat just using a litter tray at a show (it always seems to smell worse at shows
). At least you know they're healthy!

Poor boy probably gets all worked up. I have no doubt he will get his 19 points!

Do they release the number of cats before the shows over there? Unless it's my club's show we don't generally know the cats at the show, just a rough number.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was planning on being there to scope out the HHP stuff. How exciting that I'll "know" a cat there

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH cool - be sure to stick around so we can meet! Are you coming Saturday or Sunday? Charlie's cage will have leopard material over the top - we have one of the more flat rectangle portable cages.

Yes - the unofficial point count is out in the classes now (I checked). Total of 40 alters and 12 premiers competing - 7 shorthairs, 5 longhairs. Its the premiers you need to defeat for points. Figured he needs two allbreed ring wins or 1 allbreed and both specialities to get the 19 pts.