Satan's Kitty

ristakrat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, about a year ago I adopted a tiny kitten from my Aunt. I named her Little Kitty and we were inseperable. She was my best friend and the most relaxed happy go lucky kitty ever. I took her to my friend's houses and she was perfectly content sitting and listening to us talk, and then curling up in the other person's laps' and napping. Hands down, she was the best cat ever. Perfectly tolerant and respectful of everything and everyone. Two months ago, I moved temporarily for school, and Little Kitty started living with my boyfriend's parents. Now, my perfect Kitty is an absolute monster. I just got home from a visit with her, and clipping her nails, and have been so traumatized and frazled after this visit and the ones since she started living with them, that I don't know what to do. She hates EVERYONE and EVERYTHING! I can no longer hold, pet, play, or even love my cat. She is an absolute bitch to me and her caretakers. She would visit them when she was living with me, and was always so lovable to them, so it wasn't like they were scary strangers. She has put on a TON of weight and is spoiled to death. Her food bowl is always overflowing, and she has tons of toys that they have gotten for her. Their home is a cat parodise. Lots of high & big windows, wild birds outside, and all the love she could ever ask for. I just don't know why she has become such a demon. I have my suspicions of course. I think that my boyfriend's dad may play with her too rough or too often. He uses his hands to hold her down and she bites him all over. It may not be too hard on him, but she definitely bites way too hard for an acceptable and well behaved pet. Is her present behavior his fault? His wife is always telling him to stop roughing her up, because she remembers how Little Kitty used to be, and how sad I am when I visit, when Little Kitty would rather die than have a thing to do with me. It is so devistating to have my precious kitty all out claw, bite, scream, growl, hiss, and hiss at me. I don't know what to do. I will be returning home in August, but I don't think I want her to live with me. She knocks stuff off counters, and breaks things all the time now, when she used to never get into anything. Is this behavior reversable?

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
give her a bath!!! she wont like that!!!

just kidding!!!

maybe some alone time with the cat or an old toy may make her remember you and how she was to you in the past. im sure if you took the people away that alone may make her loven back up... cats normally try not to bite the hand that feeds if you get what im saying

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,i think ronnycage is right, no,not the bath!! Some time alone with her and some tasty treats should soon win her round! I may take a while. Try to see it from her point of view.If im out all day my two wont come near me for around 2 hrs,as soon as it's feed time though, its a different story! Cats are like men,when it comes to food! If you give it a little time she'll be fine im sure.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ristakrat

I have my suspicions of course. I think that my boyfriend's dad may play with her too rough or too often. He uses his hands to hold her down and she bites him all over. It may not be too hard on him, but she definitely bites way too hard for an acceptable and well behaved pet. Is her present behavior his fault? His wife is always telling him to stop roughing her up,

Is this behavior reversible?
My opinion is your suspicions are very correct. Unfortunately for your baby girl. You noticed how the father treats her and so did his wife. That says volumes.

She may be overeating and gaining weight now for several reasons. The vet could better help you with the weight and ask the vet about the behavior as well.

Is this behavior reversible? ..... Can you get her out of that situation?

Is there a family member or a friend that could keep her in a home more suited for her?

Can you take her with you to school?

Remember, this behavior is not her fault. She is reacting to her environment. I wish you the best in getting her somewhere she is happy.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skimble

Remember, this behavior is not her fault. She is reacting to her environment. I wish you the best in getting her somewhere she is happy.
I agree.
Is there any way at all you can have her live with you now?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is she spayed? If not - that will only add to her problems.

I'm inclined to agree with the others - rough housing has been made acceptible to her. You can work through it, but the sooner that is stopped the better!