Favorite Holiday Candy

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom called me last night. During the conversation my stepfather came back from the store and handed my mom a grocery bag. (I'm listening to the conversation over the phone.) Mom asked him what was in the bag and he said 'Happy Valentine's Day! Turns out to be nine! bags of Brach's Cinnamon Jelly Hearts (candy). This is her favorite (mine too) Valentines candy and is only available this time of year. She promised me one or two bags for my own.

Now at Christmas we wait for Brach's Christmas Nougats. I like the peppermint ones and she likes the cinnamon ones. For Halloween and Thanksgiving it's Brach's Autumn Mix and Candy Corn.

Does anyone else wait for their favorite candy at certain holidays? What are yours?

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite candy comes out at Christmas time. I don't know what the brand is, but Save-On carries them and they are pepermint lollypops! Red and white striped like candy cains. I love them!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE the Necco brand conversation hearts.
I actually have a bag sitting in front of me and I'm chomping on a couple pieces. LOL My husband surprised me with them a few days ago.

At Christmas my favorite is the cherry flavored candy canes.

At Easter it is the SweetTarts Chicks, Bunnies, and Ducks.

At Halloween it is ANYTHING!! LOL

Can you tell I'm a candy junkie??

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I LOVE the Necco brand conversation hearts.
I actually have a bag sitting in front of me and I'm chomping on a couple pieces. LOL My husband surprised me with them a few days ago.

At Christmas my favorite is the cherry flavored candy canes.

At Easter it is the SweetTarts Chicks, Bunnies, and Ducks.

At Halloween it is ANYTHING!! LOL

Can you tell I'm a candy junkie??
Ooooo I love the SweetTarts bunnies!!! I forgot about those. Now I want candy lol

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Cadbury creme eggs at easter time
Mmmm I love Cadbury eggs! I stopped at the store to get something on the way home, and picked up a regular Cadbury egg and an orange creme Cadbury egg. They were yummy!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ohh i love the cadbury mini eggs and Hershey's chocolate eggs.

Christmas: Lindt makes a limited edition dark chocolate peppermint truffle

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love marzipan fruits and fudge. Mackinac Island fudge is really good!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

ohh i love the cadbury mini eggs and Hershey's chocolate eggs.

Christmas: Lindt makes a limited edition dark chocolate peppermint truffle
there was a new truffle this year - white chocolate covered w/milk chocolate. they were available @ halloween & again for Christmas. the peppermint ones were too strong, IMO - i like the regular mint ones, tho.
i also like those chewy peppermint taffy ones - Brach? Broch?

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep checking this thread to read about candy

I also thought of another one I really like the mint M&Ms that come out at Christmas. Oh and the pastel coloered M&Ms at Easter. I know the color doesnt change the way they taste, but for some reason I'll eat the pastel ones and the regular colored M&Ms are not that yummy to me. I donno I'm just crazy like that

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I'm thinking about Cadbury Eggs...those are the best.
And marshmellow chicks. I like Candy Corn, and those cheap peanut butter candies at Haloween, I think they are called Mary Janes. For Christmas and Valentine's, a Whitman's Sampler.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get the candy I love year round but I don't buy it very often as it can be expensive. But there is a candy store/ice cream parlor here that makes the most delicious candy chews. I love the peanutbutter ones. Chewy taffy with peanutbutter in the middle. They also have peppermint chews, caramel chews and almond chews. Soooo decadent!!!

Here is the link for their candy... www.dewarscandy.com

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh Holiday candy!

Easter - the marshmallow peeps, jelly beans, marshmallow bunnies, those hollow chocolate bunnies are my fav.
Oh and the robins' eggs.

for Halloween - I really liked the candy corn kisses from last year - I love most of the halloween candy except the mary janes, yuck!

Christmas - the candy cane kisses, marshmallow santas, I really love all holiday candy, though especially the candy cane kisses.

valentines - the chocolate cream filled hearts those cinnamon hearts the big conversation hearts that are soft, any kind of chocolate, really!
oh and I love the cherry heart suckers - I am a sugar hound in case you haven't noticed.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

a Whitman's Sampler.
Heres a Whitman Sampler I was given this past Christmas ..... almost 3 lbs of chocolate.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Heres a Whitman Sampler I was given this past Christmas ..... almost 3 lbs of chocolate.

i wish all chocolates included a key like Whitman's does!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[/quote]

He's picking out which chocolate he would like.

I love the cinnamon jelly hearts and the Reese's Christmas trees and Easter eggs. I also love the chocolate eggs filled with coconut that are homemade.