Spooky photo?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, I have to say I am very much the sceptic but the paranormal, ghosts, spirits terrify me
I think I`m afraid to believe and try and rationalize every thing.

Second, I have seen a few odd things in this house but not down here in my flat. Other people have seen things / felt things upstairs too and it is an old victorian building so I guess it has some history

So, the thing is I got the replacement lens for my camera the other day after breaking the old one, and I wanted to get some nice pictures of Maisie. In this particular picture she is sitting in what was
Kittys
chair. The picture before and after this one are crystal clear. There is no lights on or sun shining into the room and I do not smoke.

What do you guys think? I`m just intregued(sp?) as to what caused it.

Anyhoo, here`s the picture...

Here`s another for comparison...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Interesting Linny?!. It might be Kitty!

I have some very spooky pictures taken at a castle that we stayed in for my birthday in October. I sent them to an expert who said there was something there, and the castle also confirmed that others had the same experience from the room in question.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lighting or if it's a digital - the software in the camera occasionally will pick up light oddly. I get a lot pictures like this and it's generally a lighting problem.
In any case, posting two comparison pictures from different angles won't prove much. If you want it to pick up more (as far and "ghost" pictures) you should set your camera to take 2-3 photos in rapid succession and not move.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I have some very spooky pictures taken at a castle that we stayed in for my birthday in October. I sent them to an expert who said there was something there, and the castle also confirmed that others had the same experience from the room in question.
I know! Thought he might be cross she was in his chair

Was that your pictures with the orbs? I remember seeing those!
That is scary!

Originally Posted by strange_wings

Lighting or if it's a digital - the software in the camera occasionally will pick up light oddly. I get a lot pictures like this and it's generally a lighting problem.
In any case, posting two comparison pictures from different angles won't prove much. If you want it to pick up more (as far and "ghost" pictures) you should set your camera to take 2-3 photos in rapid succession and not move.
Yeah, it`s so hard to take pictures down here without flash because it`s the basement and the light is bad. I just thought it was interesting. No way i`m going to start ghost hunting down here

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Was that your pictures with the orbs? I remember seeing those!
After seeing Maisie holding onto Kitty's ashes i think he would be more than happy to let her have his chair

I don't think i posted the one of my sisters room with the head marks at the top of the bed?. My sister got such a shock when she saw it, we all did.

Let me know if you didn't see it and i'll send you it

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, it`s so hard to take pictures down here without flash because it`s the basement and the light is bad. I just thought it was interesting. No way i`m going to start ghost hunting down here
I know what you mean. Indoor lighting in general can really mess up pictures - you get to choose between yellow or flash wash out. Unless you have plenty of whiter lights to turn on or windows that won't overly backlight everything.

Don't let stuff creep you out. It will just keep you awake tonight thinking about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I know what you mean. Indoor lighting in general can really mess up pictures - you get to choose between yellow or flash wash out. Unless you have plenty of whiter lights to turn on or windows that won't overly backlight everything.

Don't let stuff creep you out. It will just keep you awake tonight thinking about it.
Exactly! The light is only good down here in the summer. Very frustrating

I`ve done that before, scaring myself silly at night
I was watching Most Haunted on the internet before I realised how fake it was
I nearly did have to ring someone, it was that scary!

Linny, if you get scared you have my number so just call me anytime!. I'll talk you to sleep
Well, you know if your phone goes at silly o`clock, it`s me with the willies

I don`t remember that picture Susan but I`d love to see it!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well, you know if your phone goes at silly o`clock, it`s me with the willies

I don`t remember that picture Susan but I`d love to see it!
Don't worry, i'll get Rosie to chat to you and you'll soon forget about it

I'll e-mail you that picture

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If somehow that haze in the pic is Kitty, don't be scared. We are all made of energy and when we go, sometimes there is residual. I have had many "paranormal" experiences. Yes, my hair stands on end, but I realize that usually it's a passed loved one who would NEVER do me harm.

I had a psychic tell me when I walked into a room that my dad was there with me. She had no idea my father had passed. She didn't even know my last name. !!! She said he looks after me.

My boyfriend knows his RB cat is around from time to time, doing things he would have done in life, including jumping on him.

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most likely if it's a film camera light leaked into the camera and overexposed the frame.

If it's a digital camera I've seen similar effects when trying to shoot in rapid succession and the camera can't write the file to the storage device fast enough.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, was the pic taken in artficial light ? Light bulbs tend to cause this,most light bulbs give off Tungsten light,the orange/yellow an show up in pics if it was taken on an slr. But it's certainly spooky!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oooh! A spooky castle - where? I need to come back to Great Britain; my daughter's 16 and she's been there twice, LOL!

After seeing Maisie holding onto Kitty's ashes i think he would be more than happy to let her have his chair

I don't think i posted the one of my sisters room with the head marks at the top of the bed?. My sister got such a shock when she saw it, we all did.

Let me know if you didn't see it and i'll send you it
I want to see!
was it in another thread?
sorry, I'm a pain.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could be your exposure time...it was slightly longer than the second photo. Below is the info for the first photo...

Orientation of image: 1
File change date and time: 2009:01:20 14:25:06
Image input equipment manufacturer: NIKON CORPORATION
Image input equipment model: NIKON D50
Software used: Ver.1.00
Exposure time: 1.6
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: 0
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 5
Metering mode: 5
Light source: 0
Flash: 16
Lens focal length: 55
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Digital zoom ratio: 1
Focal length in 35 mm film: 82
Scene capture type: 0
Gain control: 1
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 2
Subject distance range: 0

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oooh! A spooky castle - where? I need to come back to Great Britain; my daughter's 16 and she's been there twice, LOL!

I want to see!
was it in another thread?
sorry, I'm a pain.
It's a castle not far from where i live called Lumley Castle

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...GB275%26sa%3DN

I posted the pics in the premier lounge, but if your not a member let me know and i'll send you some pictures

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a castle not far from where i live called Lumley Castle

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...GB275%26sa%3DN

I posted the pics in the premier lounge, but if your not a member let me know and i'll send you some pictures
Ooh, that's cool. We didn't get that far north. I think we saw Ludlow castle.

I am a PL member, I'll search for it!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That doesn't seem spooky to me
happens quite often on my camera because I take so many pictures. Many things happen randomly that can't be explained in my pictures but I just figure it is because I am not a professional photographer and have no idea about specific angles, lightening, and all of that. And it could be more than user error, cameras sometimes act strange.

I wouldn't worry too much.