Washcloth or soap?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you use a washcloth when showering?? I just found out alot of people I know don't, and here I thought everyone, like myself, did!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a wash cloth now a days as the poor man's exfoliate, especially on my face with special soap! I definitely use wash clothes but am very particular about them being clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I use a wash cloth now a days as the poor man's exfoliate, especially on my face with special soap! I definitely use wash clothes but am very particular about them being clean.
Oh, I use a new clean one every time I shower......so I go through alot during a one week span.......

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use a washcloth while showering. Sometimes I use one of those poofs if I am going to use body wash.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I don't use a washcloth.

My hands do just fine in the shower. I too have a POOF that I use if I'm using a body wash instead of bar soap.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have these green scrubby towel-ish thing I got at the body shop. Otherwise I used a "poof" too.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a washcloth - and a clean one every time. Those poofs and anything that you reuse are gross! Has no one ever looked at one and seen the dried skin and soap scum in it?
I wonder if I could find any info online about how much bacteria and mold could be growing in one of them?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I use a washcloth - and a clean one every time. Those poofs and anything that you reuse are gross! Has no one ever looked at one and seen the dried skin and soap scum in it?
I wonder if I could find any info online about how much bacteria and mold could be growing in one of them?
Hummmmmmm, never thought of that........

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soap from a clean soap tray..
I can't stand anything on my face especially in water so I can't use a washcloth at all. I get really weirded out and feel like I'm drowning even if I'm away from the showerhead. I know I have issues...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I can't stand anything on my face especially in water so I can't use a washcloth at all. I get really weirded out and feel like I'm drowning even if I'm away from the showerhead. I know I have issues...
No issues my friend..........that's just you.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I use TWO washcloths! One for face, one for body!
I just wash my face first to avoid that.

Originally Posted by jugen

I don't like water on my face either, it's the main reason I use a washcloth.

And yes, I think about and notice odd things that most people don't. I'm not sure if it's just my personality type or me, but I'm slightly OCD about some things. Rubbing old dry skin and soap scum on me when I'm trying to wash is one of those things that really grosses me out.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a poofy!!

That i rinse out throughly after each shower
I also use my after bath towel for *gasp* a whole week!! OMG can you imagine all the gross germs on that???

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope we have that round scrubby/poofy thing that comes in lots of colors.

If we go overnite and forget to put it in our bathroom bag, we have to use the hotel washcloths and its a little weird to use them now

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am kinda OCD I like to smell good, but I don't think that the body washes do as a good job as soap. So I use a bar of soap on a wash cloth first. Then, I use a poof with a pretty smelling body wash that I throw in the washing machine when I do my towls at the end of the week. For my face I have to be really carefull what I use becasue I have really senstive skin and soap dries me out so I break out and anything with a fragrence makes me break out. So I have the wave from Neutorgena to wash my face.