Gifts display but ribbons don't?

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There has to be a simple reason for this - so simple that I am missing it!
I've gotten gifts from people and they display, but the ribbons don't.

I've tried shop options from User CP, I can't get to the shop menu because it is hiuden by advertising...what can I change to make the ribbons display?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you trying to send ribbons as a gift? Unfortunately you can only buy ribbons for yourself. There's a box with "yes" or "no" beside "Private Ribbon". It should read "no" if you want the ribbons displayed.

I hope that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I just found out that a very nice member sent me some but they are not displaying. I see them when I look at my profile under the gifts.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

No I just found out that a very nice member sent me some but they are not displaying. I see them when I look at my profile under the gifts.
really? i didn't know we could give ribbons - all of mine i purchsed for myself.
i've never been able to 'gift' someone w/a ribbon.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

really? i didn't know we could give ribbons - all of mine i purchsed for myself.
i've never been able to 'gift' someone w/a ribbon.

me neither.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should take a screen shot. This is very weird. I just looked to see if I can give ribbons and you're right - you can't. But I am seeing 10 count 'em 10 ribbons in my profile under the "statistics" tab all bought by the same person. This is also the same person who was the last one to send me a gift. Could this be a glitch? I don't see why this should be showing up on my profile.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe I should take a screen shot. This is very weird. I just looked to see if I can give ribbons and you're right - you can't. But I am seeing 10 count 'em 10 ribbons in my profile under the "statistics" tab all bought by the same person. This is also the same person who was the last one to send me a gift. Could this be a glitch? I don't see why this should be showing up on my profile.
i looked. yeah, i think it's some kinda glitch.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

It looks like you've gotten stuck with my ribbons in your profile. That's definitely one of those weird glitches we get around here.
ETA: I've just added a new one, and you've gotten that, too.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! I'm actually relieved!
What happened was I saw them and thought OMG, jcat's been giving me all these ribbons and I never noticed until now and never thanked her! I must seem like a real jerk!
Then I couldn't get them to display so I felt like an idiot to boot!

I'm glad it's the software and not me!

Hey maybe I'll splurge on a ribbon and see what happens......

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I bought myself a ribbon and now the ones from jcat have all disappeared. But I've been looking around at other members' profiles and they have similar things going on.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is weird... I can't see it right now though - I get all the right ribbons displayed, I think?

Can anyone please point me to a profile and let me know whose ribbons are on display for whom? Thanks!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CatSlave101, when I view her statistics, she has my ribbons. (which don't show in her posts, only on her stats)

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

This is weird... I can't see it right now though - I get all the right ribbons displayed, I think?

Can anyone please point me to a profile and let me know whose ribbons are on display for whom? Thanks!
Here's one:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/member.php?u=1267

seems to be that if you don't have any ribbons of your own, your display those of one of your friends.