Question Of The Day, Wednesday January 21st!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Wednesday morning!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

What do you do in the middle of winter, when you feel 'cabin fever' catching up with you?

It normally doesn't affect me too much. Although, I have to admit, last weekend I had it really bad! We were in the middle of a heavy snow storm, it was bitter cold outside, and I was bored. I pulled everything out of my pots and pan cupboard, cleaned it up, matched lids to containers, and threw out stuff I hadn't used in years. It's so organized now that it almost frightens me!!! In over 30 years of housekeeping, I've never been possessed enough by cabin fever to do something like this!!! Usually I settle down for a nice nap until it passes, lol!!!

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get as far away from my aprtment as I can get. Normaly to a mall or other store where I can walk around for a bit and stretch my legs. Then I go home an make a summer feeling dinner, some fresh veggies and grilled foods. Allways makes me feel better.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We take a couple of mini vacations.We go up to North Conway N.H. and spend a couple of nights at a nice hotel that has two big pools and hot tubs one inside and one outside. Do some shopping and just have a break. And we are going this coming Monday and staying two nights..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had it. I'm perfectly content inside by myself and usually able to find something to pass my time.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I certainly seem to eat more!! I read alot of books.
Or just get out of the house and do some window shopping (or just shopping).

Only two months until spring!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's always something to be done so it just doesn't happen to me. I so look forward to having some time when I'm not working at home so that I can get out into the garden or go out for a lovely winter walk.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I book a day at one of the local resorts that has a pool and spend the day, swimming, in the hot tub, and in the sauna. That generally puts me in a good mood for awhile. I usually do it once in early January, and once around the middle of March. It's not really that expensive because it is off season, and when 3-4 of us go together we all chip in.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually just go walk around the mall or go to the gym.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go out for a nice long hike. Yes, it's cold and snowy, but the walking is good for you and it gets you out in the fresh air. However, I keep busy with my cats, so I don't have much time to catch cabin fever

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know that I've had cabin fever from weather so I have no idea. I've gotten bored from being stuck at home too long with being sick before, but usually I just go to sleep since I'm sick and all...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have full-spectrum bulbs all over the house for my husband, who is affected by the short, dark days in winter. We also burn lots of fires in the fireplace in the winter which makes the house warm and bright.

Personally, I like the dark and cold, they make me happy.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

What do you do in the middle of winter, when you feel 'cabin fever' catching up with you?
Cabin fever. What's that? I just came in from a drive in my convertible with the top down. 70 degrees F.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It generally is warm enough here to where we aren't stuck inside. The most snow I've seen in 5 years happened yesterday for all of 10 minutes. Scattered snowflakes that melted by the time they hit the ground.

So no cabin fever here, although I kind of wish once in awhile I'd end up with it!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
If the weather's not too hideous I go skiing. When it's not fit for man or beast out there, I usully pick up a quilt (and finish it in record time)