Gus got hurt.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home from work and it looks like his fur was like, scraped out or something...there's a little sore spot you can't see in the pictures. I don't know what could have happened. I hope a person didn't hurt him or something because some of my neighbors hate the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I did resize those pictures I promise. (I'm trying to follow the rules!!)

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. If some of your neighbors hate cats, maybe you ought to keep them indoors. I'm not trying to be rude, but when I was very young we had a cat who came home very bloody, and he had to be euthanized due to blood loss. Someone had done something very nasty to him. When I was in high school, my cat (who I wanted to keep indoors only), was hurt either by a car or shot with a BB gun and I found him in the neighbors bushes. My heart breaks when I think back on those two cats, and I really wish that I had kept them indoors.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Awww. If some of your neighbors hate cats, maybe you ought to keep them indoors. I'm not trying to be rude, but when I was very young we had a cat who came home very bloody, and he had to be euthanized due to blood loss. Someone had done something very nasty to him. When I was in high school, my cat (who I wanted to keep indoors only), was hurt either by a car or shot with a BB gun and I found him in the neighbors bushes. My heart breaks when I think back on those two cats, and I really wish that I had kept them indoors.
All my cats are ferals. I feed them every day and am starting a TNR program, but they're ferals.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

All my cats are ferals. I feed them every day and am starting a TNR program, but they're ferals.
Oh, that's very nice of you!
I see why you can't bring them indoors.
It didn't occur to me that your cats are feral- I can't get close enough to mine to touch them! It's hard when you notice something wrong with them and have no way of getting them to a vet or taking care of them. We had one with a respiratory infection, but we couldn't catch him even with a trap. He seems to have recovered, which is a relief because I don't know if I would have been able to give him medicines even if we managed to trap him.

I hope Gus gets well soon. Does he have broken skin? Maybe he got into a fight with an animal- I hope it wasn't caused by a human!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Oh, that's very nice of you!
I see why you can't bring them indoors.
It didn't occur to me that your cats are feral- I can't get close enough to mine to touch them! It's hard when you notice something wrong with them and have no way of getting them to a vet or taking care of them. We had one with a respiratory infection, but we couldn't catch him even with a trap. He seems to have recovered, which is a relief because I don't know if I would have been able to give him medicines even if we managed to trap him.

I hope Gus gets well soon. Does he have broken skin? Maybe he got into a fight with an animal- I hope it wasn't caused by a human!
The skin is broken, but it's not bleeding...it's kind of like a rug burn...you know, sore but not bleeding. Most of my ferals I've actually tamed quite a bit. Even the ones I can't touch aren't really scared of me.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like he might've scraped it going like under a vehicle of something.

Keep an eye on it - if you notice pus, etc talk to your vet.