Food issues... i'm soo confused!!

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, I had Bodhi (8 yo) on Blue Spa Selects Mature formula for dry and was giving him 1 Wellness grain free cans every 2 days (he won't eat but half the little can at a time). I think he has gained weight since I brought him home in October and I don't want him to get too heavy.

Now for the issues... I just brought home a new little furball, 8 month old Siddha. He was eating Science Diet kitten at the shelter so I bought the small bag to feed him at home until I could figure out what I was doing as far as food is concerned. Now, the problem is that Bodhi is now REFUSING to eat the Blue and is stealing the SD from Siddha's bowl. I tried mixing a little SD in with Bodhi's food and he actually picks it out and leaves the Blue.
Both kitties are eating the Wellness canned foods now, but I need a dry food for cost reasons and for when I go out of town overnight.

I don't think it would be okay to feed Bodhi strictly kitten food as he already is developing a weight issue, so I was looking at a food for kittens and adults. I need a budget friendly food that is still going to be good for my babies.

HELP!! THANK YOU!!

Candace

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Taste of the Wild and it is an "all life stages" food. The price is much better than most here. I get mine at the county feed store. All of my crew really like it. The company may send samples.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you call budget friendly?? what size do you buy??

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skimble

I use Taste of the Wild and it is an "all life stages" food. The price is much better than most here. I get mine at the county feed store. All of my crew really like it. The company may send samples.

I use TOTW as well for my 6mos old kitty. It worked out cheaper than the store's own brand, and its a better food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

What do you call budget friendly?? what size do you buy??
Budget friendly would be $20 or less a month in dry food. I am willing to buy a large size so long as it can stay fresh and I KNOW the cats like it!

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 4 got to where they would not eat the blue spa food. I swithced to NaturalMax.......Anyway...they like it. And it makes the litter box not yucky. So I am happy, but I do know they are over weight, per the vet. They will always be fatty babies I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wingss2fly

My 4 got to where they would not eat the blue spa food. I swithced to NaturalMax......
Are you talking about Nutro Max? I did a search for Natural Max and that is the closest I could find.