Daily Thread Tues Jan 20th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

Not much going on today...just coming home after work..maybe get some cleaning done. Much needed cleaning. Probably work on some wedding stuff too..need to get organized.

Not sure of the temp today, haven't turned on the tv yet

Anyhoo, have a lovely day folks!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ya! Good luck with the cleaning

I'm just chilling out. I've just eaten some weetbix and it was delicious!

I'm going to go to bed shortly then when I wake up I've got to go to work and check the roster and see if my book is in at the library. I will probably just chill out with the kitties since I've got work in the evening.

Have a good one folks.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning,

We had some overnight snow. Only ~ 1/2", but that's all it takes to shut things down in this part of the world. All of the local school systems are closed and a lot of the government offices. I'm supposed to take Thufir to the vet for grooming this morning, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I called the vet and now I'm waiting on them to call me back and tell me if their groomer will be coming in today. I don't want to waste the trip and, more importantly, stress out the cat if the groomer isn't going to be there. If not, I'll probably just go back to sleep.

This is my normal day off from work (I work 30 hrs/week), but I probably wouldn't go in even if it weren't. It's not worth risking a 25 mile drive over slick roads with crazies who don't know how to drive in the snow when I can connect to my work PC from home and do 90% of what I can do sitting at my desk.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes only 1/2" snow and closed schools?? The schools around here would be closed all the time!!

Anyhow the sun is shining a bit nippy outside (-1F) but supposed to get mid teens later!

Have to deposit paycheck before work then after going to Macy's to see if I can take advantage of the lawsuit free product giveaway in the cosmetic dept!

Making beef stroganoff for dinner tonite and watching AI.

Not a very exciting day....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Sunny but a little on the chilly side here this morning.

Feeling a little tired today, so am just going to putter around the house and rest up a little.

My hands and wrists have been very sore the last couple of days so they have been disrupting my sleep somewhat.

Going to make Chili for dinner and make some biscuits to go along with it.

The kitties are playing with a paper bag right now. Linus is sitting inside of it and Pixie is trying to convince him to get out, so far it doesn't seem to be working.

Everyone have a great day

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice sunny day here, high of -11C though. Still, it's nice to get the sunshine.
Fairly busy day ahead, but not too bad.
The boys have taken up position on their comfy chairs and are keeping an eye on the feeders.
Have a good day/night everyone.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning. Cloudy and chilly.Today I am going to shampoo my living room and hall rugs Yuck! I hate that job but it needs it and the wood stove will help dry the living room rug quicker. I don't feel like doing it but as my 18 month old gran daughter will be gone for the day its the perfect time to do it..
I might even convince hubby to take me out for supper after all my hard work so no cooking..

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Yikes only 1/2" snow and closed schools?? The schools around here would be closed all the time!!
We just get so little of it nobody is prepared. There are only a few snowplows/salt trucks in the whole city and only the interstates and main highways ever get plowed. Plus nobody owns snow chains/tires or is even used to driving in the snow. And we get a lot of rednecks out on the road who go blasting around at 50 mph in their truck, only to realize their 4x4 doesn't stop any better than other vehicles.
All in all it's just safer to keep the kids home.

As for me, the groomer at the vet came in and I got Thufir dropped off. She did tell me that at least half their appointments for the day had canceled
so it shouldn't take long. The roads really weren't bad (even by Tennessee standards), and other than almost falling and busting my rear in the parking lot it was OK.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a day of rest for me mostly. Just have to vacuum here/there. Hubby primed the baby's room yesterday and I did the baseboards.

We had about an inch of snow yesterday. It just kept coming down I was certain we would have more.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
today is fairly quiet.

Went to work this morning and I have 2 classes this afternoon and evening. Then prehaps I will head to the gym (gonna need it after sitting in those hard chairs for about 6 hours)

since I have a few hours break between work and school I am making a big pot of beef stew so my fiance can eat when he gets home from work. (he was a sweetie he made me a huge breakfast this morning)

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was snowing here this morning! We were supposed to have a Dentist appointment but the office cancelled it because of the snow, so we stayed home nice and toasty and watched the Inaugruation celebration on TV.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is one of the best days i've had in a LONG time.

I woke up this morning and went outside only to find that it had snowed everwhere last night! We hardly ever get snow in the Memphis area, so that was awesome!
It's all gone now though
But I got a few pictures on my cell this morning while it lasted!

After that I went to check my mail and was sooo happy to find my self instillation kit came in the mail -so I now have internet!
I'm sooo excited! (thankyou to my wonderful angel who did that for me!)

Other than that i've just been watching the inaguration stuff today and waiting around for the repair guy to fix my heater (i had no heat or hot water last night..second time this has happened since I moved
)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Anyhow the sun is shining a bit nippy outside (-1F) but supposed to get mid teens later!

Have to deposit paycheck before work then after going to Macy's to see if I can take advantage of the lawsuit free product giveaway in the cosmetic dept!

Making beef stroganoff for dinner tonite and watching AI.

Not a very exciting day....
What do you put in your stroganoff? It's my absolute favourite. I still must try it with pork.