Do you live in your hometown?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,

Just wondering if you live currently in the place where you were born/raised?

I currently live five minutes from where I was born but when I've finished my degree and get a full-time job I'd love to move further up north around Rotorua/Auckland.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't, but sometimes I wish I did! All my family lives in my hometown. After I graduated college, I moved 2 hours away to a bigger town for my job, then I met my future husband here & we've been making our life here. We really want to move closer to my family though, I hate being so far from them all

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm nowhere near where i was born [Corpus Christi, TX] but i'm fairly close to where i spent the majority of my 'growing up' years.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I can't actually claim a hometown. I was born in Chicago but was only 15 months old when we moved away from there. My childhood was spent moving to a new place on the average of every two years. I've been where I am now for the last 18 years, so I guess that's as close to a home town as any.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in my hometown for 41 years, and just moved 820 miles away a few months ago. I miss my daughter!

But truly, I'm happy here in my new home and am looking forward to continuing to make new friends and experience new things.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in San Francisco but only live there a few month.
I grew up in San Bruno and lived in South San Francisco for 6 years.
I live about 2 hours from San Francisco now.
We have lived in Modesto since July 2005.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, do I! The house that I lived in for the first 3 years of my life is 4 blocks from my home. The house I lived in for the next 15 years is 5 blocks from my home. We spent 18 months living 40 miles away (for DH's work); other than that horribles year and a half, both of us have spent our entire lives here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I lived in my hometown for 41 years, and just moved 820 miles away a few months ago. I miss my daughter!

But truly, I'm happy here in my new home and am looking forward to continuing to make new friends and experience new things.
Wow! Any reason you moved after so long? That's so brave of you

I wish you luck settling in

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born and raised in Southern Oregon and I now live in Ohio - about 2500 miles away from my family and the State I call home. I will never ever be a buckeye...you can tell just by looking that I am a Duck

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in Michigan I lived in Bloomfield hills my first 8 years and then lived in Birmingham Mi. till I was 18. I left Michigan when I was 18 and moved to Colorado for 26 years. Now I live in Nebraska....I have only been back to Michigan a few times in all those years.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the same boring town I was born and raised in. I have never lived anywhere else. I want to move out of here but can't afford it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live about 10 minutes from where I grew up, my mum still lives in the same house.

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
moved from east coast to west coast at 18, that was 30 years ago, still in my new hometown

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, not living where I was born and I'm missing the heck out of it. San Antonio is a great place and I miss it so much. I'll be closer though, in a year or so I'm moving to Corpus Christi, that's a lot closer to my hometown than I am now. I really do miss it, especially being so young, just 4 yrs ago I was a senior in high school, so it's still fresh on my mind, lol. I'll be back there someday though!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently living in the same home I grew up in (from age 7 onward)... to look after my mom. However, I was a "broadcast gypsy" for the first few years of my life. After college, I worked as a a radio journalist - moving from place to place to advance my career. But I moved back here 20 years ago after my dad got sick, I got laid off and couldn't find work where I was living - in Charlotte, NC.

I have to say that when my mom passes on, I will leave Michigan. There really is nothing here for me.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i live 20 minutes away from where i grew up and my parents live....ive always lived in the same vicinity not too far from family.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. We moved constantly. It was rare we would be in the same town/state for an entire year. Not military family, just roaming, poor-as-dirt hillbillies

Have been living here for the past 25 years so this is home. Think I even have webbed feet now!