What would make your car better?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could think of two or three things to make your car into the ideal car, what would they be? I am not talking about replacing your car, just a few things you wish the manufacturer would have thought of to make your car perfect...

I have a 05 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE. The additions I would like to see are:

1. Paddle shifters
2. Telescopic steering wheel (If I have the seat far enough back to be comfy, I can't reach the steering wheel.)
3. Heated seat

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I have a 2006 Scion tC and what would make my car better is

turbo kit

finished suspension

flat screen lcd display and peripheral speakers

I would DIE to have a turbo kit!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the truck I usually drive didn't come with adjustable seats just the manual lever so that would be nice.

Also the elctric brake controller while nice when I'm pulling the trailer really is in the wrong spot and I keep smacking my knee on it!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I drive a Toyota Prius and while I like most of the features I would really like to have an accurate gas gauge. Mine has 10 "bars" and the mileage I get per bar varies anywhere from 10 miles to 180 miles. That is to say, the first bar may give me only 10 miles or as much as 180 miles, the second bar gives me between 10 miles and 80 miles, etc. Never the same two times in a row.
I have to use the trip meter to determine when it's time fill up.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2007 Dodge Ram, 5.7L Hemi

I love my truck...
that said...

Fuel Economy needs improvement.

Make the headrests more adjustable. (if I wear a ponytail, I can't have the back of the seat as upright as I need it for my back injury, because the headrest hits my ponytail then my neck gets crinked)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 1992 Toyota Corolla FX GT would be better if if it came with cruise control!

Things I need to fix myself - a small dent that it came with when I bought it [6 months ago], the a/c needs to be regassed or degassed or something
and my glovebox is broken

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. leg room? And not have it so low to the ground that you can't get it on ramps, scape things you drive over, and have to practically roll out of the thing.

Something rather minor that really needs to be fixed - I need new sunvisor brackets!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
does it have to be something possible?

i'd like 2 things - bigger inside than out [i like my little car for parking, etc. but wish it had more room for cargo] & a self-cleaning option [where it could clean itself!
].

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

~ XM Radio

~ sound system

~ different color leather (interior, it's brown & I HATE brown, so I'm thinking black/greyish...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan .....love it, and it gets @22 mpg, so can't complain about that ...BUT

I have a radiator leak ...AGAIN....I just had one put on in June
The front fan doesn't work, ergo, no heat/air/defroster

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox, and I would love an automatic starter and XM Radio

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drive a 1997 Jimmy. I would like it to be just a little lower so it's easier to get in and out of.

Telescoping steering wheel would be good too. For the opposite reason of WELDRWOMN's.

I'm short and have short legs. In my decline they seem to be getting shorter. If I have the seat up to where it is the most comfortable I am hugging it.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love things that most people probably take for granted.

Air conditioning.
A good heater.
A radio that works all the time, not just half the time.

I love my car (a turquoise blue 1967 Mustang) but I think someday I"ll have to get something else. I've had her since 1977 and it's getting harder and harder for me to climb in and out of her. I can live without a working radio, but the heater and a.c. become bigger problems for me as I get older.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an 04 Subaru Outback and it's got all sorts of heated stuff (awesome) including heated seats, heated mirrors, and the area under the wipers are heated. A heated steering wheel would be awesome though! New brakes would be nice..and new tires.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I drive a 96 Civic. Here is what I would like to see.

1. Sparco Racing seats( I cannot get comfortable in the stock seats).
2. A supercharger
3. A working heater( It is due to the motor swap and the ECM that was put in it).

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my truck, but it drinks more than a drunk man on carnaval

The o nly thing I would change is the fuel economy! BIG TIME!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What would make my car better is if it got fixed!!! The Vette has been in the shop for 3 weeks with a major short. It started with a bad ignition switch and has graduated to a burned up computer module. The ignition switch is what started it. Then they put in a questionable battery which they think is faulty, it started to smoke thus causing the ECM to burn up. I know this is going to cost us dearly.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fuel economy here as well...
Also: a CD Changer (since I'm downgrading and getting rid of my XM, for money reasons)
And remote starter.

Things I need to fix on my poor SUV: electrical (passenger windows only work from my controls... and no, the parental lock isn't engaged), and get the driver's door lock fixed... key won't work... key fob buttons will, but to use the key, I have to go to the passenger door (found this out when I bought it used... previous owner didn't hand over the fob with buttons... twit. I had to pay $50 to buy one... I should have taken his name down and hunted his stupid bee-hind down to get the thing back).

Amanda