My Fluffy Alarm Clock

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitty Thufir (aka Mr. Fluffy) likes to come wake me up in the morning. He'll start by pawing me on the head. When I roll over and pull the covers over my head, he'll come under the covers with me and lick my face for a bit and then settle down and go to sleep. It's really sweet and I've been late more than once because I didn't want to get up and disturb him. As soon as I show a hint of getting out of bed, he sprints away towards the food bowl. I've been pondering for months how to get a picture of this. This morning I gave it a shot and here's what I have.

Here's the culprit. See that guilty look on his face?

Here he is licking my face.

And now he has calmed down and settled in.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!
What a great alarm clock! Chynna does something similar, but she doesn't get under the covers. She settles on the pillow beside my head with the top half of her body on my hand. When she does it, I end up falling back asleep.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! That's adorable!! And Daddy's not too bad either!

(Don't worry! I'm taken!!
)

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL cute pictures.

I'm trying to figure out how to teach Jack to bug hubby in the morning--it isn't working. It's really sweet that they don't start to bother me until my alarms sounds or they see my eyes open.

Yesterday morning some idiot called my cell at 3:30 AM and to them it sounded like an alarm clock, they thought it was breakfast time--so it was an interesting very unsolid 6 hours of sleep until I actually got up and fed them.

Leslie

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!! How cute!! That cat, and you!

Nora just bugs me when I'm falling asleep, by laying on my head and grooming herself. Once she's had enough she moves to the foot of the bed. She used to bug me to let her out to pee but I just ignored her. Now she immediately goes to her daddy b/c he will let her out. lol She isn't nice enough to wait for indications on our part to see if we are ready to get up. When she wants to pee she wants to pee NOW! This is generally between 5 and 6am, and we don't get up until around 7.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww that's so cute! Daisy does the same she will lie on my shoulder,under my neck with her head as close as poss and stick her wet nose on mine,tickle me with her whiskers and purr in my ear,it takes her ages to stop purring and go to sleep,so i cant sleep till she does! and i get the same in the morning,gently tapping my face with her paws,and if i dont get up straight away to get her breakfast,she goes and sits in my husband's head til he does!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Awwww! That's adorable!! And Daddy's not too bad either!

(Don't worry! I'm taken!!
)
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Precisely!
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Awww!! How cute!! That cat, and you!
Awwww, you guys are terrible!

Keep it up.

Seriously though, first thing in the morning isn't exactly the best time to be taking pictures of myself, but I guess it's a sacrifice I'll have to make to capture the moment.

The interesting thing is that Thufir didn't start doing this until after he had a urinary tract infection and got completely stopped up. He nearly died and spent a week in the hospital. After he came back home, he started two completely new behaviors. Climbing under the covers with me in the morning was the first. The second was that he jump on top of the bed when I first got in and (best way I can describe it) march in place on my feet for several minutes. The 'marching' has almost quit, but he still comes to see me nearly every morning.

hillbillywoman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When Squirt decides she wants me up, she gets on my bedside table and starts knocking things into the floor. You can imagine how much noise the phone makes when it hits the hardwood floors, and trust me..I get up!