Which side of the bed?

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually try to sleep on the left side of the bed, but the correct answer is I sleep on whatever part of the bed the cats leave open for me. So I chose 'middle.'

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

I actually try to sleep on the left side of the bed, but the correct answer is I sleep on whatever part of the bed the cats leave open for me. So I chose 'middle.'
Me too. I usually start out with just Miss Patchwillow and end up with the other five crowding me out. They crowd Miss Patchwillow out too. I think she goes to sleep in the carrier under the piano.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door, and right now, that is the right side!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked Left, but its not that simple.

It depends if hubby is home or not. If not home, I sleep in the middle or diagnally across the bed. If he is home, I'm on the left but usually move over to take up as much as I can

I'm a bed hog.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Another reason I said middle is that I've never figured out which side is left and which is right. Do you decide by lying in bed on your back, or on your stomach? Or standing at the foot of the bed looking at it?

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my bed I sleep diagonally in the middle. When I stay with my b/f at his house, I get the left side (aka whatever he leaves me).

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Left for me. Not sure why, it's just where I've always ended up sleeping. I do tend to migrate to the middle if DH isn't home, though.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sleep on the left side of the bed, Eric sleeps on the right. Then when he gets up to go to work I take over the middle
We have a full size bed so spece is liminted with the 4 of us (Flower, Figaro, Eric, and I) The cats usually sleep on me unless its really cold then they sleep inbetween us takeing up most of the bed

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol which side of the bed is left and which is right? Are we talking about while we are laying on our backs in bed because then I am left.... but standing at the foot of the bed looking at it I am on the right!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

lol which side of the bed is left and which is right? Are we talking about while we are laying on our backs in bed because then I am left.... but standing at the foot of the bed looking at it I am on the right!
I went with the side that I'm laying on when I'm laying in bed on my back & that is the right side. I have cat beds on the left side of the bed to keep them somewhat contained.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bed is so small that there are no "sides".

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted how it when I stand at the foot of my bed and look down.

I sleep on the left side closest to the door while Kieran has the side closest to the kitty litter tray!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the perspective of laying in the bed, I lay on the right and my husband lays on the left. When our son was born 10 years ago we tried to switch b/c the bassinet would only fit on hubby's side, and we switched back a week later. lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why so many of us are on the left?

If DH isn't home or in bed, like many other's I'll sort of gravitate towards the middle. A couple years ago I had went to bed early and DH came in later - I was asleep mostly on the right so he didn't move me thinking it kinder to leave me where I was. Not being used to that, sometime early in the morning I tried to roll to my right... with the expected consequences. Too bad there was a night stand in the way for me to hit my head on, it made for a very rude awakening.

Normally I pick the left because I sleep on my left side. For some reason this is more comfortable to me because laying on my back or right side for extended periods makes me sick - nauseous with GERD symptoms.
I stumped a doc with that one.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunatley i sleep on neither, i have to sleep on the sofa because of my husbands snoring! The only good thing is Dasiy sleeps on me!