Yowl! Yowl! Yowl!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning Zane has been constantly yowling. He has plenty of food, plenty of water, doesn't seem sick, doesn't want to be petted---I can't figure out what is up with him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he gone to the bathroom? Males are prone urinary tract issues, infections & crystals. If he's in pain he might be howling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Has he gone to the bathroom? Males are prone urinary tract issues, infections & crystals. If he's in pain he might be howling.
I thought of that, but he doesn't seem to be in pain.

He seems to have stopped now, so never mind.

This isn't the first time he's done this; I guess I'll just chalk it up to general feline wierdness.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

I thought of that, but he doesn't seem to be in pain.

He seems to have stopped now, so never mind.

This isn't the first time he's done this; I guess I'll just chalk it up to general feline wierdness.
Jordan hardly ever talks, but once in a while he will stand on my bed and meow. I think it's a sign he wants to play, because what usually follows is a sneak attack on one of the other cats.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Cotton will yowl when he's looking for/playing with Freya. Sometimes at night you'l hear the two of them thumping around then sudden silence and he'll yowl. It's like he does it when they play thier version of hide and seek and she hides a little too well.

I just think he sounds so silly whne he does it.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Cotton will yowl when he's looking for/playing with Freya. Sometimes at night you'l hear the two of them thumping around then sudden silence and he'll yowl. It's like he does it when they play thier version of hide and seek and she hides a little too well.

I just think he sounds so silly whne he does it.
Is Freya a Norwegian Forest Cat? That would fit the name.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise

Is Freya a Norwegian Forest Cat? That would fit the name.
I don't think so. She's a moggie as far as we can tell, but who knows what's in her background.

She got the names because she was so 'battled-scarred' when we got her, so we picked one of the godesses of battle and thought it suited her.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

I don't think so. She's a moggie as far as we can tell, but who knows what's in her background.

She got the names because she was so 'battled-scarred' when we got her, so we picked one of the godesses of battle and thought it suited her.
I'm not good at these guessing games.

When someone said her cat's name was Dorabella, I asked if she had two other females named Fiordeligi and Despina, or males named Fernando, Guiliermo, and Alfonso.

When someone said her cat was Caspian, I asked if the others were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.

Wrong both times.

Am I too educated or something?

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora does that all the time. I know she is trying to tell us something, but I can never tell what. I usually just talk back. LOL She is a huge talker and is always meowing about something. She loves to have conversations. When we first got her she would meow non stop and nothing made her stop. I even emailed the person I got her from to see if they had any ideas. Eventually she calmed down.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not good at these guessing games.

When someone said her cat's name was Dorabella, I asked if she had two other females named Fiordeligi and Despina, or males named Fernando, Guiliermo, and Alfonso.

When someone said her cat was Caspian, I asked if the others were Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.

Wrong both times.

Am I too educated or something?
LOL - If it helps, we were going to rename Cotton either Odin or Frey, but he already answered to Cotton.

My friends cats are Nick & Nora, so I don't think you're too far off - you'll guess one right sooner or later

(for what it's worth, I'm lousy at guessing games
)