Petfinder

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just reading a thread in Cat SOS and was wondering how many people here have found one (or all) of their furbabies on petfinder?

I fell in LOVE with Chestnut on petfinder, so much so I went to see him the very next day and brought him home (we had been planning on a kitty for a while and had the house all ready for his arrival)
Here is one of his petfinder pics (he was only 8.8lbs at the vet clinic I got him from):

Gizmo and Tonks were both from other local rescues, but neitehr made it to petfinder before I saw them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i found Chip on Petfinder. of course, he's the only one [other than Pixel] that i 'intentionally' acquired!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've listed several of mine on petfinder for the local shelter - but never adopted one from there (I get mine as "rejects" from the local shelter - rather than let them be euthanized).

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been perusing Petfinder everyday since my beloved Buster passed away two weeks ago. However, I am not ready for another cat right now. Maybe next year. I am still mourning Buster's loss. There are so many cuties online though.

I almost adopted this gorgeous silver tabby last week from the local city shelter. However, we didn't really click. Here is his Petfinder ad:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=12779118

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

I've been perusing Petfinder everyday since my beloved Buster passed away two weeks ago. However, I am not ready for another cat right now. Maybe next year. I am still mourning Buster's loss. There are so many cuties online though.

I almost adopted this gorgeous silver tabby last week from the local city shelter. However, we didn't really click. Here is his Petfinder ad:
OMG! That silver baby is adorable

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

OMG! That silver baby is adorable
he is really beautiful!

misskitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I look at Petfinder all the time. I've found many animals, cats and others, that I'd love to adopt, but can't. All of my animals have been rescued/adopted, but I didn't find any of them on Petfinder.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know Silver is very beautiful; he also had a very plush and thick coat. I can't believe he was found as a stray cat wandering the streets of Oakland. I really wanted to adopt him but there was no connection. He was very playful but he didn't give me eye contact or make an attempt to get to know me (unlike my Buster). Fortunately, someone adopted him the next day. I hope he is happy in his new family.

newkittylove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I looked on Petfinder and saw some adorable cats/kittens, but ended up adopting Toby from a rescue called Guardian Angels. I found out on Craigslist that they were having an adoption day at a pet store nearby and I went. I didn't get a good look at Toby (then named Lucy) while I was there, but I contacted the lady again later and she said as the day ended "Lucy" was the only one left! I can't believe such a sweet kitten wasn't adopted... I love her SOOO much!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found Electra on Petfinder in the classifieds
I very very rarely looked in the classifieds, so me finding a positive little kitten was definitely a sign. I also found 2 positives on Craigslist. I no longer look at either of them

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Petfinder! They put Speck's adoption story in their Happy Tales section. I tried to copy the link and paste it here, but alas, I'm not good with the computer.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my pets were either unwanted by their owners or were strays-- or in Church's case (and my foster kittens) born feral... However I did adopt one pet I first saw on Petfinder, a guinea pig. I had seen two female guinea pigs I liked on Petfinder and when I went to see them to adopt, I fell in love with Fabian instead and ended up adopting him.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While I didn't see Squeaky on Petfinder, I did see other cats at the Humane Society that prompted me to go in. They're good about updating their website, but with petfinder, they're a little slower. Squeaky had been there a week and still wasn't up. None of the cats I went in to see where there, but luckily my girl was

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but after finding Harley at Petsmart I got on the shelter website and he oddly enough was pet of the week that week. They probably really think making pets
pet of the week" helps now--but was very far from the truth.

Leslie

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I love Petfinder! They put Speck's adoption story in their Happy Tales section. I tried to copy the link and paste it here, but alas, I'm not good with the computer.
thanks so much for telling us! i went & posted Chip's story & they put it up!
Chip's Happy Tail

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw Stan (then a "girl" named Stella) on Petfinder. When we went to the rescue to meet him we also picked up Miss Bella. So technically 1 found on Petfinder, 2 adopted because of it.