Low Blood Sugar?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The past week or so I've been getting light headed again. I noticed that after I eat something, it eases up, which makes me wonder if I have low blood sugar/diabetes. The only other time I felt this way was before my doc diagnosed me with high blood pressure, and put me on high blood pressure meds. After I started taking them, I didn't feel that way anymore - till recently, that is. I'm wondering is my blood pressure has gone up again, or if maybe I'm in the beginning stages of diabetes.

Any advice?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the best advice anyone here can give you is to go see your doctor, get a blood test and find out what's happening.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I think the best advice anyone here can give you is to go see your doctor, get a blood test and find out what's happening.
I agree with this totally . But I have to tell you that low blood sugar and diabetes are two different things, although certain meds for Diabetes can make your sugar drop too low. Get thee to a dr and see whats up, be it blood sugar or blood pressure, or something else, the sooner you get it seen about and start treating it, the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realize that no one here can take the place of a doctor, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the diagnosis was.

I do have an appointment with my doc on Thursday. The problem is, is that all my medical expenses have to be paid out-of-pocket (I'm in the process of trying to get disability for my back, and have no insurance) and I know she'll want to run tests, which we just don't have the money to pay for right now.
It costs at least $100.00 just for an office visit - excluding any other medical related issues.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I realize that no one here can take the place of a doctor, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the diagnosis was.

I do have an appointment with my doc on Thursday. The problem is, is that all my medical expenses have to be paid out-of-pocket (I'm in the process of trying to get disability for my back, and have no insurance) and I know she'll want to run tests, which we just don't have the money to pay for right now.
It costs at least $100.00 just for an office visit - excluding any other medical related issues.
Trust me, I know that feeling..altogether too well. I am a diabetic, also with high blood pressure, and I can get that feeling for a myriad of reasons....if the blood pressure goes up...goes down too much, or if the blood sugar goes up too high, or down too much......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Trust me, I know that feeling..altogether too well. I am a diabetic, also with high blood pressure, and I can get that feeling for a myriad of reasons....if the blood pressure goes up...goes down too much, or if the blood sugar goes up too high, or down too much......
I think it may be a combination of both. I recalled that my mom is diabetic, and those things usually run in the family.

Thanks for your input.