I'm intrigued as to what other life paths are on TCS

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
As i've noticed in the past 2 years, there are alot of christians (born again, catholic, anglican etc) on this forum (obviously i am not excluding you from this conversation) But it got me to wondering if this is a diverse place, are there any pagans, atheists, agnostics, muslims, buddhists etc on here as well?

Pipe up and share (if you like) what life path you are on.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I come from a Mormon upbringing, but I'm not LDS. I consider myself spiritual, but not overly religious. I believe in God, but don't belong to any specific church.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know
I've been trying to find myself a pigeonhole for years. The closest thing I can find to defining my beliefs is Pantheism.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

As i've noticed in the past 2 years, there are alot of christians (born again, catholic, anglican etc) on this forum (obviously i am not excluding you from this conversation)
well, since i'm not excluded
evangelical fundamentalist non-denominational Christian [enough adjectives for you?
].

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, since i'm not excluded
evangelical fundamentalist non-denominational Christian [enough adjectives for you?
].
What on EARTH is that??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

What on EARTH is that??
really wanna know?
the 'fundamentalist' part means i believe that the Bible is literal truth, as well as a living document with guidance relevant to today's times.
the 'evangelical' part means i believe
[among other things] i have been called by my Lord to actively recruit others towards the Kingdom.
the 'non-denominational' part means i attend a church that doesn't have a denomination. some familiar denominations include [but are not limited to] Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Lutheran, etc. [links are to Wikipedia, btw].

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agnostic here- although I was born eastern orthodox christian. I really love reading about Buddhism and I think it's an amazing religion, and sometimes adopt some practices for myself, such as meditation and yoga, but i'm not a Buddhist..

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up in a agnostic/atheist household with a part time practicing Presbyterian for a mother... she oly goes to church when prompted (weddings, funerals, etc... and when i dragged her to Christmas eve service when I was in the church choir, also when i got baptized at 18). My family was more scientific, not religious.

I am born again Christian, but I have left the organized church part of my faith behind me. I believe my faith is between me and God and it's no one elses' business. I became a Christian at 15... my mother felt I needed 'better' friends so packed me off to youth group every wednesday night... I didn't make many friends, but i did find one really important one... Him. I don't preach, I don't actively convert others... I just live my life... do what I can to be a good Christian... I have one decidedly non-Christian vice: swearing. Heck, I don't smoke, do drugs, barely drink, don't go around 'messing' with guys indiscriminately... I live a clean life... except my mouth... He hasn't smote my bee-hind yet!! I figure I'm doing okay...

I consider myself now to be more 'having faith, but not religion.' I observe other faiths and adopt things that I believe God wouldn't have a problem with into my own faith. I have Christian and Pagan friends alike... in fact, I have more Pagan friends than Christian friends...

I'll go shut up now... new keyboard... I'm chattier now than I have been the last few days...

Amanda

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definite atheist here. I am more of a scientific person, and in my mind, science has the proof of the past.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Christian but also a liberal, meaning that I take it as fact that God is in all living things and that He speaks to each one of us individually, so if someone is called to a different belief, it's not up to me to judge why God called them to that path and not the same one as mine. It is up to me to try to be a blessing to all whose paths I cross (I often fall short).
I also incorporate my family's traditional beliefs that God is in all Creation, so must respect all life forms and I do feel that animals are also valued and recognized by God. They didn't get "free will" like humans, so they don't get condemned to Hell, either. For that matter, even the plants, water, rocks have the Spirit in them, since they are also part of Creation.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christian but very opened minded and able to recognize good in most people and of the organized religions of the world. And I feel peace in nature more than I feel peace in behind church walls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I'm a Christian but also a liberal, meaning that I take it as fact that God is in all living things and that He speaks to each one of us individually, so if someone is called to a different belief, it's not up to me to judge why God called them to that path and not the same one as mine. It is up to me to try to be a blessing to all whose paths I cross (I often fall short).
I also incorporate my family's traditional beliefs that God is in all Creation, so must respect all life forms and I do feel that animals are also valued and recognized by God. They didn't get "free will" like humans, so they don't get condemned to Hell, either. For that matter, even the plants, water, rocks have the Spirit in them, since they are also part of Creation.
I like your way of thinking. Because our life shouldn't be about who gets the most kudos to get into the 'gates of heaven', or whoever has done the best things in their life just so they can get ahead (rather than doing good for the sake of good). I'd like it if there were more people who would mix in with other people and say 'hey, just because you don't believe in god/my god, i can still see you're a nice fellow human being and you're worth knowing no matter what our differences' That isn't such a hard thing to ask right?

Now the animal thing goes without saying. Regardless of whatever you believe in, no matter how you may treat your fellow humans, animals are extremely important to our lives too. Not to be there at our beck and call, or to be turned into a lovely roast, but to be our companions and be part of this circle of life we live in.

You don't have to be animal mad, but anyone who doesn't respect them or treat them kindly really does deserve whatever bad things come their way.

/endrant

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I'm really not sure, and I haven't been for years. I was raised in an evangelical fundamentalist non-denominational household, much like Laureen.
We went to Church of God and Methodist and Baptist churches at different points.

It has been many, many years since I have been to a church for anything but a wedding and since I have felt anything special during prayers at weddings or meals (with family, etc).

I like to think that there is some meaning beyond what I can see in life and the universe, but I don't know what it is. I also like some pagan, Buddhist, Taoist, and Hindu philosophies and think that there is a lot to be learned from Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, and even things to learn from more ancient religions and spiritual paths. I like the concept of reincarnation, but not necessarily the Hindu interpretation of it, for example.

I believe the Divine is too complex and great to be understood by one path, and pieces of the Divine can be found in all religions and in science and philosophy. I also believe that there is something "divine" in all beings, and creatures, and places. Maybe it is scientific and we just haven't discovered it yet, maybe it is religious like the soul or magical/mystical like the Force. I dunno, but I believe we are all connected to each other, and that what we do now affects everyone and everywhere else in some small way.

I don't know what you would call me. Maybe an Agnostic Pantheistic Solipsist? I'm a weirdie.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there is something more but I don't know what it is. I have come to the conclusion that whatever "it" is, it is larger, greater than my teeny brain can comprehend
I see our universe as a fibble on the belt of god's bathrobe
Helps me keep things in perspective.

I believe in the energy in all things but not sure I will ever know what the source is. I lean more toward scientific conclusions and hope I am around when science discovers what "it" is.

Of all the religions, I feel most comfy with wicca/paganism simply because they tend to honor all life forms/energy.

I never can describe how I feel well, so hope this makes sense