Does your cat groom you?

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every morning Tofu wakes me up by grooming me!!! She just started this behavior when we brought Georgi home so my thought is she is trying to mark me with her scent. She use to wake me up by meowing in my face but now she proceeds to give me a bath!
She licks either my face, my hair (my hair is not short)or my arms and I am sure if I did stop her she would continue to groom all three. Does anyone else cats do this?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine does, but not in the morning..he does in when he is about to go to sleep and i am there petting him...I see it as petting me back lol

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demetri grooms me and anyone else that comes over. He loves asking for a tummy rub then grooms your arm while you rub him

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Ricky Bobby grooms me... lol, it hurts though! See the other thread I just posted asking if it is indeed his way of grooming me! lol But if it is, then yeah, I have a groomer!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikita is a very 'licky' cat so yes, she'll groom my arms, wants to groom my face (although I try to not let her do that). She stays away from my hair though which is just as good. I have waist length hair

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova grooms me and my SO. She likes to go groom my head and gnaw on my hair. Mostly, she does this when I'm sleeping.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dante likes to lick my hands, and Dharma enjoys licking my forehead - usually when she feels I'm late to breakfast.

dogstar5988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Panther also enjoys licking my hair when she thinks its time for me to wake up. I wouldn't mind except she makes my head all wet, sometimes it doesn't even wake me up and I wake up with a really wet spot on my head!
If its too early for me to get up I have to put my head under my covers until she goes away.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora does, but only when we are in bed about to fall asleep. She lays on my head while I'm falling asleep and then gets up to sleep at the foot of the bed until morning. Right before she moves she licks my face for a few seconds as she is grooming herself. Otherwise, no.

Gus used to groom me all the time. He had a lick obsession.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family cat Midori is a big smushball and will groom your hand (the one thats petting her) when she really gets into the mood. She grabs onto your hand using her extra double thumbs and lick it all over. Then she'll pull it your hand toward her head and show you where to rub.

She'll also love up the pet brush (she loves being brushed BTW).

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty likes to "help" me dry off after a shower or bath. She will lick my legs. Dusty will wake me up early in the morning and as I pet her, she will lick my hands, arms and my underarms! That is not very comfortable!

juliejerks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty grooms me once in a while. Usually my hair.
I really love it when she licks my face, not cause it feels particularly good, because it doesn't, but it's the best exfoliation treatment ever!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella is a hand licker--she will groom you as part of her regular greeting. I don't mind that at all, but a few times she has gotten me out of bed by grooming my eyebrows
--it hurts and smells like cat food.

Stan will lick you while you are brushing him, I guess it's only courtesy

drak1970

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat isnt much of a groomer, he will lick you once or twice then just suck up the attention he gets. But he does just the opposite: he has on a couple of occasions tried to use MY hand to groom himself...

Now, everyone thinks of a cats tongue as "dry". Well I assure you, it is only this way because the cat so chooses. I learned this with quite the surprise when he first tried to use my hand to groom. He licked it 1x, 2x,, sniffed it ,, then *SPLAT* - a huge, juicy, slobbery cat slime-lick across the back of my thumb - and he proceeds to ram his head into to it and try to rub it in as if he was cleaning himself.

PS: These forums really need a Mr Yuck "smiley"

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mulder likes to ‘groomâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] my hands and arms, and will lick my nose if I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t stop him. Spooky not so much.

marcimellow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Chloe grooms me all the time. And after I take a shower.. she is right there to dry my feet

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna grooms me. She likes to lay on the pillow to my right. I have my arm bent upwards so that the back of my hand is on the pillow, palm up. She settles down so that the top part of her body including her front legs are in my palm. This way she is close to my face, and I can massage her paws and scritch her chin with my right hand. As I'm massaging her paws she licks my nose. If I try to turn my head away she reaches out with her right paw and grabs my nose and pulls me back towards her and proceeds to lick my nose some more.

Abby doesn't really "groom". Occasionally as I'm petting her she will give my hand the odd lick, but usually only 1 or 2. However, she sometimes goes to the foot of the bed and will lick my big toe for minutes at a time.