Question of the day Jan 18th.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am sitting here having a mid-morning snack of toast and hot chocolate the question that has come to mind is this.

What do you like on your toast?

I have three favorites that I generally alternate between. I love nutella, grape jelly, and my aunt's homemade peach jam.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thats funny you asked, i dont care for toast or bread, i barely eat anything with bread, ill take a wrap over a sandwhich, it makes me feel bloated, when i go out for breakie, i tell them to not even bring toast, my ideal breakfast is plain oatmeal, or if im out i love a ham n cheese omelet

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like crunchy peanut butter. If I have made a trip to the newfie store recently than I will have bakeapple jam.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have toast with jam every morning for my breakfast, so that is a favourite of mine. Any flavour I will eat, but I'm not that keen on marmalade...Yuck!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Since I am sitting here having a mid-morning snack of toast and hot chocolate the question that has come to mind is this.

What do you like on your toast?
Margarine.... peanut butter... cheesewhiz... cheese slices.... cheese... strawberry or raspberry jam... if I feel the urge for sugar, toast with margarine and a sprinkle of white sugar

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Typically strawberry jelly, but if I'm eating it with something like grits or fried eggs with it, I'll just take my toast dry and use it to sop up the grits or eggs.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I like crunchy peanut butter. If I have made a trip to the newfie store recently than I will have bakeapple jam.
Mmm, I've never heard of that before. I'll have to look out for it.

Originally Posted by spatulahandle

. I also like to dip my buttered toast in my hot cocoa.
Haven't heard of that one before either!

I like plain old marge or butter, and honey. I also would like to have more Marmite, but I can't get that stuff here.

I like Nutella and almond butter too, and marmalade or jam if I'm in the mood.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First it would be butter or butter and crunchy peanut butter. Or my homemade raspberry or strawberry jam ( I never use the storebought stuff unless its ligonberry!)
Or sometimes creamed honey or I buy from a specialty place in Wisconsin maple cream!