how often do you text?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im an addict, i do it while shopping, driving working, i dont even talk on the phone anymore

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wayyy too much! We had to make an addition to our cell phone bill because I was texting too much and it was costing more money. The only person I really text with is my best friend. We live in different states, and text each other just about every day. We talk while we are at work, and it's the only way to do it without actually talking on the phone. I'm pretty fast too, and I don't have the Qwerty keyboard. I can't use the keyboard; I learned on the number pad and it's easier for me to use that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i also have the unlimitedn texting for the month, me and my cousin are like best friends and full blown convos all day long, i do have the full keyboard tho.

jackbombay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a full keyboard and text a fair bit, 50 a month or so. I find it really convenient in loud places or where I have a weak signal.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted never. I got my cell phone at the end of November and haven't given anyone the phone number. I got it for emergency call outs only. I got my first bill a week or so ago and I used only 3 minutes. I get 360 free minutes per week. Way more than I'll ever use.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never text messaged anyone. I wouldn't even know how to do it. I bought one of those pay as you go cell phones, and I haven't even charged it up. But I wouldn't use text messaging even if I did.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm, once or twice a month, maybe?
Same here; I only text DD when I know she can't answer her phone (in class or at work), and only if it's really important.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
never. i use my phone to call people
keep track of my appointments, & as an alarm clock.

texting costs extra on my plan, & my parents & sister are free calls.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I probably send about 20 text messages a day - mainly to my Mum, Nana & boyfriend.

At college I used to send about 300 a day
A news program interviewed a teen girl who made over 14,000 texts in one month. Dad calculated it to be about 484 a day.

I have yet to text on mine and have only received one not sent by my provider.

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I text everyday all day, honestly I don't know what I would do without texting, I'm not a big talker so texting works for me...we have unlimited texting on our cell plan because between my b/f & I we prolly average around 3000 texts a month
I know, everyone's mouth is prolly dropping but hey what can I say I love to text!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably about 10-15 a day, depending on the day and what's happening. I rarely use my mobile for phone calls.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I text a LOT. I really don't like talking on the phone for some reason, so I text instead. Mostly just to my kids and hubby. But it's nice to be able to keep track of everyone.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I text a lot. Mostly when I am at work. I work at a doggy day care and 90% of the time if I do call or answer the phone all you hear is barking or I have to go real quick to deal with a dog. And at my other job I work retail and when we get slow I text people to keep me amused! Mostly just to my roomie and to my friend that lives across the country.
When texting first started I was like "dude just call someone" but it is amazing how nice it is when you just need to say one thing and dont want to use your minutes or if you just dont want to start a conversation!
And on some of the prepaid plans its 10 cents to send or receive a text and 10 cents a minute and most of the time you cant say what you can put in a text in a minute so its a lot cheaper that way!

I'm pretty quick with a number pad and predictive text.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I regularly text back and forth to each other. It's a convenient way to leave a message for him to check when he has a break at work. I don't know when he was exactly have his breaks because it depends on how busy he is, so calling him wouldn't work.

We have unlimited texting, which is good. I'm probably the only person that does not use any short hand, uses full sentences and punctuation, and capitalizes words.
I don't use predictive text, as it annoys me.

As for those who text (or talk on your phones) while driving. I hope you get caught - you need a wake up call. That is very big distraction, those few seconds off your reaction time or your eyes away from traffic around you is all it takes to kill someone.
Ignore it till you can stop or pull over. Life isn't so short that you have to risk cutting it even shorter.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yourbriness763

I text everyday all day, honestly I don't know what I would do without texting, I'm not a big talker so texting works for me...we have unlimited texting on our cell plan because between my b/f & I we prolly average around 3000 texts a month
I know, everyone's mouth is prolly dropping but hey what can I say I love to text!!!
I probably send about the same amount. On a day that I am off and my fiance is working we just text all day. He works for a company that sells cell phones so he can text all he wants as long as he doesn't have any customers.