Greatest British bands of all time?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Pink Floyd considered British? Either way that is my top all fave band. I love them so much I have one of their images tatted on my body. I love them.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None of the above
I say the Beatles, closely followed by Queen.

Edit: I couldn't even name a song by Jethro Tull, or Cream, and I had never heard of Foghat until I did a Youtube search, and realised I did recognise them.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one that you mentioned that I like is Jethro Tull. However, most of my favorite bands are British. I love Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Dire Staits and Led Zepplin. I also enjoyed Duran Duran and Adam Ant.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted other; you can't mention British bands without including the Beatles and Queen (my picks).

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm... Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Who? My boyfriend chimed in with some more: Pretty Things, Roxy Music, the Kinks, Traffic, Jeff Beck Group...(he's a classic rock nut!)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

How can you not post The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen? I love them!
I have to agree here.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, of course. If I had to pick one, it would be the Stones, though because they are still playing!
I've got to say, you can't beat the Brits in Rock n' Roll!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and I gotta say the Beatles. Some other favourites are Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Electric Light Orchestra.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

None of the above
I say the Beatles, closely followed by Queen.

Edit: I couldn't even name a song by Jethro Tull, or Cream, and I had never heard of Foghat until I did a Youtube search, and realised I did recognise them.
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Of all time? What about The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, The Clash, David Bowie...?
Originally Posted by libby74

I voted other; you can't mention British bands without including the Beatles and Queen (my picks).
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Hmmmm... Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Who? My boyfriend chimed in with some more: Pretty Things, Roxy Music, the Kinks, Traffic, Jeff Beck Group...(he's a classic rock nut!)
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

None of the above choices - has to be the Beatles (hands down)!
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Absolutely! Both are totally awesome.

Don't forget The Rolling Stones.
Originally Posted by Catkiki

How can you not post The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen? I love them!
Originally Posted by Rockcat

The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, of course. If I had to pick one, it would be the Stones, though because they are still playing!
I've got to say, you can't beat the Brits in Rock n' Roll!
Originally Posted by Moz

Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and I gotta say the Beatles. Some other favourites are Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Electric Light Orchestra.
to all of the above. gotta say - either The Beatles, Queen, or the Rolling Stones would get my vote. not sure how i'd pick between the 3, tho...