Spotlight Member of the week - Kitten Krazy!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations! Enjoy your week!

Here's a few questions to get you started:

What kind of work did you do?
Are you enjoying your time off so far?
Does your checkbook always balance?
Do you own a shredder?
Have you ever been to Massachusetts?
Favorite fast food?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Congratulations! Enjoy your week!

Here's a few questions to get you started:

What kind of work did you do?
Are you enjoying your time off so far?
Does your checkbook always balance?
Do you own a shredder?
Have you ever been to Massachusetts?
Favorite fast food?
1. From the time I was 13 until July of 2006 I was a shoe repair/sales/stock etc. person, working with my mom and dad part time from the time I was 13 until I got married in May of 1990, and with my husband when he joined us in the fall of 1992. In April of 2005, he opened a catering business, and I worked about 3/4 time at both jobs until we closed the shoe store in 2006. At the moment, I'm working part time with my mom and dad in a retail/wholesale silk flower store and part time with my husband in the catering kitchen too.

2. Any time off is good, as long as I'm not broke, lol! I would love to have been a stay at home wife, but that has never been in the cards for me, so I enjoy the time that I do get at home.

3. Checkbook, balance? Whats that?
Actually, it does pretty much, as of late, in the red though......

4. Not anymore, although I need to buy a new one....

5. Nope, but I'd love to some day!

6. Favorite fast food.....hmm...thats a toss up between a regular bean burrito from Taco Bell or a fish sandwich from McDonalds.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach) ( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW, ....see you around my friend...
1. I've never been to Mexico, although I'd like to some day (along with a lot of other places, lol!

2. I think that I covered in #1......

3. Yes, I have heard about it, some from you and some from an interest in my school days in those Mayan ruins.

4. Well.....I had two years of Spanish in high school (think oh, 1985, 1987 or so....its been that long). I can still translate the very simplest of written word, but can't carry on a spoken conversation....as my Spanish teacher put it, a slow, Southern drawl (and mine is BAD) does wonders for screwing up the Spanish language, lol!

5. I have one Spanish song on CD, don't laugh, its a copy of Feliz Navidad. (can't spell worth a crap these days in Spanish or English!) I like to listen to it when I'm in one of our local Mexican eateries though.

6. Nope.

7. Ok,....I'm the first to admit that I'm a foodie.....and I love Mexican food....Tacos, burritos, the whole works....I haven't found anything yet that I don't like......although sometimes some of it doesn't like me.....

9.No.......I don't think I'm graceful enough for that!

10. Seen them, yes, worn them, no.

11. Have never been there, would love to some day because it looks beautiful to me!

catfolks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't need to ask any questions, just wanted to say I'm glad they picked you.
KittenKrazy, just wanted to say thank you for putting up with a looney basket case
for the past 18+ years

Love you

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aha! Another vict...erm... member to ask a load of random questions to!!!

My Q's are on your beautiful kitties!

1. Alltogether how many cats have you owned?

2. Which of your cats (past or present) is your favourite and why? Maybe they did something reeally cute or special?

3. Why did you name your cats what you did?

4. Have you got any other pets besides your kitties? If so what and who are they?

and finally...

5. If you could switch places with one of your cats for a day, who would it be, why would you want to swap with them and what would you do?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfolks

KittenKrazy, just wanted to say thank you for putting up with a looney basket case
for the past 18+ years

Love you
No problem....I think I probably drove you partway to that basket!
I love you too

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Aha! Another vict...erm... member to ask a load of random questions to!!!

My Q's are on your beautiful kitties!

1. Alltogether how many cats have you owned?

2. Which of your cats (past or present) is your favourite and why? Maybe they did something reeally cute or special?

3. Why did you name your cats what you did?

4. Have you got any other pets besides your kitties? If so what and who are they?

and finally...

5. If you could switch places with one of your cats for a day, who would it be, why would you want to swap with them and what would you do?

Cool Questions!

Lets see.....
1. In my lifetime, more than I can count, especially when you add in the ferals that we care for, but if you were to count inside cats only, since we've been married, somewhere around twenty, counting fosters and such.

2. Crap....that's a tough one, 'cuz I love them all, for so many different reasons. But I guess my true favorite was my RB kitty Rurnt, because she was a true mommy's girl...and because the week after I had surgery, she and Babycakes spent a lot of time on the bed sleeping on either side of me, and neither of them either before or after spent much time on the bed at all!

3. *groan*...are you sure you want to know, lol?.....let me start with the living ones....
Babycakes - hub and I named her together....not sure why, but she is my hub's "baby"

Yum-Yum we named after one of the characters in Lillian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who" series

Big Blue Heifer Cat....who's registered name is Mr. Blue Snuggles.....he's a blue point Himmy, as for his registered name, he's a snuggly love, but the nickname comes because some of the girls who used to work for me called each other heifers when they were annoyed with each other.....and he can be very annoying, lol!

Gizmo.....made me think of the movie "Gremlins"

Rusty .....husband and I are big southern gospel music fans, named him afer one of our favorite singers, who died not long before we got him

Rurnt....registered as Miss Twinkletoes.....registered name because she was a tortie point himmy, and her paws were all colors...beautiful! The nickname? Spoiled...totally..stinking...ROTTEN!

Sweet Pea.....not sure, she was a sweet lil' girl

4. Nope, no other pets....we used to have hamsters and fish before we moved to a place where we could have cats, but never replaced them....and can't keep a dog around to save my life, lol!...I think the ferals run them off!

5. Wouldn't matter ....I'd just like the opportunity to sleep all hours of the day, have my meals and drink brought to me and be spoiled like I spoil them!

Come on guys.....bring 'em on!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmmm.

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

3. Have you ever heard a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

5. How many tvs do you have?

6. Assuming it was your spouse that posted about 18yrs with a nutcase
what's the secret to your relationship?

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour?

8. What's your favorite movie?

9. What's your favorite book?

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual "holiday"?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Hmmmmmm.

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

3. Have you ever heard a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

5. How many tvs do you have?

6. Assuming it was your spouse that posted about 18yrs with a nutcase
what's the secret to your relationship?

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour?

8. What's your favorite movie?

9. What's your favorite book?

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual "holiday"?
Yay, more questions!

1. Nope.....no tattos........I'm too darned chicken!
2. Nope, see #1......I had my ears pierced twice when I was in high school, but never could bring myself to have anything else done.
3. Ok......is that heard a snake or held a snake? If heard...yes, I've heard a rattlesnake...and was VERY uncomfortable. If held, also yes, I caught green snakes as a kid for fun, but if I run up on one outdoors I tend to be frightened, lol!
4.Oh, lord....if I ever get an MP3 player I'm in trouble, because I love music, and a broad variety of it! We have a 200 disc CD changer in our entertainment center......All kinds of Christmas music, folk music, bluegrass, soft rock, oldies rock, oldies country, new country,classical, celtic, southern gospel, some rock from my high school years (ok, in another few years they'll be oldies)...no rap or contemporary worship music, as they're just two types that don't appeal to me. Specifically in my CD player in my van at the moment is the new Taylor Swift CD that I finally broke down and bought myself the other day. (and for those of you old enough to remember vinyl records, I have a large collection of gospel and country records that I keep wanting to copy to CD one day).
5. Two....one in the living room, and one in the bedroom.....neither of which at the moment is ready for this stupid signal change!
6.Yes, bless him, catfolks(Charlie) is my husband, actually in May of this year will be 19 years (ok, where DID the time go?). One big secret....communication, communication, communication! We had some serious problems a few years back.....the very root of the whole incident was a basic lack of communication, on both sides of the table, not just one of us.
7. Favourite color.....any shade of purple, and pink....Least favourite? I guess yellow....not because I don't like the color in particular, but its a colour that I cannot wear....it makes ME look yellow, lol!
8. All time, hands down favourite movie, Dirty Dancing......but its been run a tight race over the years by Mrs. Doubtfire!
9. Ouch, favourite book is harder by far....I love to read, and will read just about anything that isn't nailed down....truthfully, I think any of the James Herriot series would win...I have read them over and over and over.....
10.If you're discussing going off somewhere during the holidays...the answer would be no.....but if you mean by taking a week off and going somewhere "away from here", then yes...but its been close to 10 years! Hub and I spent almost a week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several years ago, just enjoying the time with each other, the friends that lived close to there and the atmosphere.....and since it was "off" season, it was a LOT cheaper than during the busiest times, and a lot more fun.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE your answers

Now for my questions:
1. What is your preferred type of footwear?

2. Do you prefer to dress chic or comfortable?

3. Do you enjoy "Stray Cat Strut"?

4. Do you talk to strangers in check-out lines?

5. Do you tell others about TCS?

6. Which is worse to you - dealing with snow & ice in windy temps or mowing the yard in the high humidity/high temps (the kind that the Back East TV stations have "Heat Index" warnings for)?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfolks

for the past 18+ years

Love you
Congratulation

I just want to know how you guys know each other? Sister?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I LOVE your answers

Now for my questions:
1. What is your preferred type of footwear?

2. Do you prefer to dress chic or comfortable?

3. Do you enjoy "Stray Cat Strut"?

4. Do you talk to strangers in check-out lines?

5. Do you tell others about TCS?

6. Which is worse to you - dealing with snow & ice in windy temps or mowing the yard in the high humidity/high temps (the kind that the Back East TV stations have "Heat Index" warnings for)?
Thanks!

1. Always and forever will be Easy Spirit atheletic shoes,

2. Comfortable...always! That's not to say that I don't like to dress up, I just don't dress up if it ain't comfortable.

3. Musically, yes.....dancing nope.....I have two right feet, lol!

4. No, not usually.....not unless they start the conversation...I am very shy about things like that.

5. Yes, of course!

6. Well, I'm in Alabama, so we don't get a lot of the ice/snow/wind bit......but I don't deal well these days with the heat and humidity in the summer so I have to say mowing the yard in the heat!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...
One of my favorite topics!

1. Hands down favorite, Southern Gospel, followed by classic country(pre-1990 or so).

2. Well....I have a 200 disc changer that is about 3/4 full, and two large CD carriers in my van and Charlies van......so my best guess would be @250 ......nevermind a large collection of vinyl records !

3. Favorite male....... gotta pick two- Conway Twitty and Elton John...two different genre, but I love both!

4. Favorite female....is going to be someone that most of you have never heard of, but she's one of my closest friends Libbi Stuffle, the last founding member of her family group The Perrys who still travels and sings...yep, southern gospel!

5. nope, but looks like I need to!

6. There's only one artist that I know I have all of her CD's , Taylor Swift....mind you, she only has two out, lol!

7. Lets see.....I've seen Elton John, The Statler Brothers, The Oak Ridge Boys, Montgomery Gentry, Reba and George Jones in concert.....and The Perrys more times than I can count! I also had the opportunity to play for and sing with Libbi at my mother-in-law's funeral, now THAT was awesome!

8. WQAH FM, Hartselle, AL is probably my favorite station, they play mostly classic country and bluegrass. Nope, I haven't listened to that particular station, but have bookmarked it to try!

9. That really depends on the mood I'm in.......I have both....sometimes I'm in the mood to hear nothing but one group and one type of music, but others I am in the mood for the variety of a custom burned cd....kind of like radio without the commercials!

10. Yes...I play the piano, at 40 years old, as of last summer, I have been our church pianist for 30 years (I still think I need a badge or something, lol!). In truth, I only had about two and a half years or so of lessons, and I can't for the life of me tell you about music theory, but I can play both by sight-reading the music or by ear.....in 30 years there's only been a couple of songs that I've not been able to learn by ear....one of them recently, and I just found out a day or so ago that the sheet music for it is being printed...YAY!

Thanks for the questions, my friend.....ok guys, more?!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

3. Ok......is that heard a snake or held a snake? If heard...yes, I've heard a rattlesnake...and was VERY uncomfortable. If held, also yes, I caught green snakes as a kid for fun, but if I run up on one outdoors I tend to be frightened, lol!
OOPS. Yes it was meant to say have you ever held a snake.

6.Yes, bless him, catfolks(Charlie) is my husband, actually in May of this year will be 19 years (ok, where DID the time go?). One big secret....communication, communication, communication! We had some serious problems a few years back.....the very root of the whole incident was a basic lack of communication, on both sides of the table, not just one of us.
Wow, thats awesome. I've watched so many marriages/relationships fail because of lack of communication by either party
It sucks. I'm hoping my husband and I are as happy as you and Charlie appear to be, in 18 more years.

10.If you're discussing going off somewhere during the holidays...the answer would be no.....but if you mean by taking a week off and going somewhere "away from here", then yes...but its been close to 10 years! Hub and I spent almost a week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several years ago, just enjoying the time with each other, the friends that lived close to there and the atmosphere.....and since it was "off" season, it was a LOT cheaper than during the busiest times, and a lot more fun.
Yup, meant going away.... not during the holidays in particular, but actually going away on a holiday or vacation, whatever you want to call it.

More questions: I have this book, "The Book of Questions" and am trying to find ones that aren't too deep or personal. (its a great book btw, for anyone.. definately makes you think)

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

I think I'll stop there, cuz some of em are toughies

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

1. Hands down favorite, Southern Gospel, followed by classic country(pre-1990 or so).
for your nice answers my friend...

About the country music I don´t have any question....

BUT I really want to know about the firts one my friend.,...(gospel)

If you want to teach to someone who want to learn about the Gospel music, how do you introduce it?...I mean there are a history about it? wich one are the main representants or performance?...etc...do you know about a link where I can learn more?...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

More questions: I have this book, "The Book of Questions" and am trying to find ones that aren't too deep or personal. (its a great book btw, for anyone.. definately makes you think)

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

I think I'll stop there, cuz some of em are toughies
Thanks Chris......keep 'em coming....I like to have to think about these things!

1. Some days a dream vacation would be anywhere away from here, lol! But in all honesty, for me, I would love to have a year (or more) and the money to spend as needed/wanted for me and Charlie to travel all over the world, seeing all the typical "tourist-traps" and meeting friends that we've met online.

2. Yes, I do.

3. *sigh* given my current finiancial status, I might just say yes, but I wouldn't really mean it. I'd love to have that kind of money, but I could never leave all my friends and family here in the states, and not be able to come home to see them.

4. As a general rule, most of my friends have always been male......funnily enough, my husbands friends have usually been female, lol!

5. Probably my laptop.....I put it in its case at night, and between the hard drive and memory sticks, we have most of our family photos on it.

6. I would have loved to have met Princess Diana.....such a beautiful, classy lady!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

for your nice answers my friend...

About the country music I don´t have any question....

BUT I really want to know about the firts one my friend.,...(gospel)

If you want to teach to someone who want to learn about the Gospel music, how do you introduce it?...I mean there are a history about it? wich one are the main representants or performance?...etc...do you know about a link where I can learn more?...
Ok, here goes....I have a couple of links.....

this is the wikipedia definition of Southern Gospel, it also has some decent links too

Southern Gospel News produced a series of articles, basically "southern gospel 101" this is the link to one of the articles, and down toward the bottom of the page, on the righthand side is a list of other articles written by the same author, many on different parts of said history.

Hope these help some......anything else you want to know, just ask and I'll see what I can come up with for you!